or Connect

Posts by ilanaRose

Background: I am 25, was married 5 years and separated right after my son was born (he is just over 2). I have been separated/divorced for 2 years. I am not "needy" (as in, I am financially stable and my son already has his grandfather as a father figure).   I am curious... how long after your separation/divorce did you feel "ready" to be in a serious relationship again? What helped you determine your readiness? I am currently dating for fun without commitment, just...
So my toddler (almost 19 months) still breastfeeds on demand. I brush his teeth twice a day--once in the morning after breakfast and once at night but before I nurse him to sleep. He no longer wakes to nurse in the middle of the night...however, I hear so much about extended breastfeeding and tooth decay that I am concerned...   What is going on in the homes where there is tooth decay? Are they brushing their teeth 2+ times a day, seeing the dentist starting at 18...
6 months after I separated I went OUT for the first time! My son was 8 months old around that time... I went out DANCING!!! Since I married my ex at 19 and was now 24, I had no idea that I was this young blossoming woman who would get a ton of attention... I revelled in the attention but didn't do anything stupid. I finally agreed to let one of the guys I'd met while out take me to dinner... I was sooo nervous but I am so glad I went on a date before a year, mostly so that...
Hello just wanted to introduce myself. I am just finishing up my application to a MEPN program this year, applying to the CNM/NP track. Just got a divorce, moved back in with my parents, and am a single mama with sole custody of my 1-yr-old... I currently volunteer with labor and delivery a couple hours a week, work as a postpartum doula occasionally in the evenings, and watch another baby along with my son a couple days a week... I am always busy doing something, as I'm...
My ex has been living all over the place and his interaction with our child is spotty... he just saw him for the first time in 8 months the other day but then moved yet again and is still jobless. I have full custody only because he didn't fight for any custody; I let him see our son only with someone else there such as myself or parents... on the one hand it's disappointing because you want their father to WANT to be there for their child and more than anything I don't...
I had my son at age 23 (I'm now 24). We were actually married for several years before planning our son...but my ex-husband pretty much had a freak out and turned into his own father (drinking, smoking, being abusive, getting fired from his job, etc)--the marriage was good for several years but then he just started going downhill and I did not want to go down with him. So right after my son was born I moved in with my parents so I could stay at home with him... I...
Sami, it's good you broke it off... I know that feeling...it just happened to me with a wonderful guy I was dating that was suddenly feeling "unsure" if he wanted to be a dad and take the relationship to the next level...he basically wanted me to just wait around and remain exclusive while he was concurrently looking at new profiles online and thinking about what he wanted to do...i think he was basically looking for someone like me, without a kid, and he didn't want to...
butterflymom: unfortunately money can ruin things, especially asking for it....this is true for friendships, relationships, etc. but you probably already know this. Yes, it it is unfortunate that he never made an offer, but atleast you have your answers and can move forward from here...there are too many things that are not working for the guy, from being married, to not offering when you are obviously struggling...but in the end, getting your finances in order by yourself...
It's that time of year...summer!!! I plan on doing lots of camping/festival-hopping this summer with my one year old... I have a desire to do lots of it just with my baby (i.e. not along with friends) because I do want some solo time to read/write/heal/etc. Any advice for the logistics of all of this?! For example, what if I have to pee at like 11 at night and the baby is asleep in the tent? Any advice you can offer on tips/tricks, necessary camping gear, advice, etc....
Anyone going to High Sierra this summer from july 1st-4th? I'm going as a single mama of a 1 yr old and wanted to touch base with other moms/dads...don't plan on going with anyone, but would love to meet some folks there...thanks!