or Connect

Posts by Brandonsmama

I had my beautiful boy at 43. Normal pregnancy, except I was sick as a dog for 13 wks!! Then, at the very end, I had elevated blood pressure, so I was induced at 36 wks. He was little, but perfect, and we both went home in 24 hrs. I did have CVS at 11 wks.-I needed to know that all was well. He has been the greatest blessing of our lives. Wanted more, and kept getting pg, but after 6 misc., I couldn't go there anymore.
All your kind words and support have really warmed my heart. I feel better today-and you're right, I could be his grammie. . .but, I'm so very happy to be his ever-lovin mama. I think that mortality is probably the thing that I was responding to with my sadness. But we all have to face that, don't we, and there are no guarantees. So I will ponder my own mortality a little, but next time someone asks if I am his grandma, I will remember just how lucky I am, and smile...
This seems kind of silly, but I am sooo sad tonight. I am 51 and have a 7 yo ds. I am healthy, not overweight, dress well, and IMHO, look young for my age. But lately, I am getting more people asking if ds is my grandson. I realize, in my head, that many women my age are grandmas. . .but, I just feel sad when this question is asked. I wish I had a child younger, but I had many yrs of infertility, and he is the best blessing of our lives. I wish I could completely...
Breast milk really is considered a clear fluid, even by many anesthesiologists. I agree that it is the best thing you can give him. Ice chips are sometimes helpful too. I used to make sure that my ds wasn't getting too much at a time when he was vomiting. Since he is an older nursling, I don't know how high your supply is. If you still have a lot of milk, you may want to express or pump before letting him nurse. That way, he won't be overloading his stomach. ...
My ds is 7 and a real cuddler. He is my only child and we have always been really close. He hasn't expressed any embarrassment yet if I hug him or hold his hand in front of his friends.
Women who choose to have an abortion often mourn their loss. In some situations, some women feel that it is the best choice, but many times a very painful one. I am strongly pro choice, having worked 16 yrs in a womens clinic, but when I was pregnant, I had to decide my own limits and my own choices. I support anyone's choice, I just do not wnat the govt deciding things for me. I feel that most women are intelligent to make the decision for themselves.
You sound like a wonderful mom who is trying hard to tune in to your child and meet her needs. I nursed my ds until he was just shy of 5 yrs. he still has fond memories of nursing and often snuggles up to my breasts, he just turned 7. I suggest taking it one day at a time. I think planning a weaning party is a great idea, but you may have to change the date of it if your child is not ready. You have lots of support from me, who cares what anyone else thinks, you are...
I think that kids are like big people, some need lots of sleep, some less. My ds is 7, goes to sleep at 10 and is up at 7;45. Is rested and happy, and does well in school. I know a lot of people think it is awful that I don't make him go to bed sooner, but I work late, and it is really good for me because I get to spend time with him. I usually get him settled in about 9:15- 9:30 and he knows he is not allowed to get up and run around. He is allowed to do a quiet...
I love your pictures!! And what a lovely tribute to you and the hard work of birthing. congrats to you and your family!!
Oh my dear, I am so sorry for all that happened to you. You will get through this, it will take time. Maybe write a letter to the hospital team. Let them know how they made you feel. Let them know what their actions caused. And then, forgive them. . .they were just doing what they have been taught, what they think is the right thing. You know better, you trust yourself and your body. . and your baby. How lucky you are to have such knowledge. And how sad for them that...