or Connect

Posts by Brandonsmama

OOOPs! I just realized that in my previous post I said I was nursing my dh.
I voted for hard labor and delayed bonding. I didn't feel that labor itself was so bad, but I had to be given Mag Sulfate for elevated blood pressure. It made me feel awful, really strange and disconnected. I went home the next evening, and nursed and held and changed him, but to my horror, I didn't really FEEL anything. Then in about three days, my dh went to the grocery store, and I was nursing my dh. He looked up at me, and I started to cry, really sob, and the...
Most of the viral bugs are airborne. Unfortunately, it can be most contagious a day or so before the symptoms, so if you kiss, touch or are in close contact with someone who is infected, you can get it. It just takes a few days to incubate, so you may not have symptoms right away. Wheter or not you catch stuff has everything to do with how well your immune system is doing. Your grandfather was probably depleted due to his medical problems. It has much more to do with...
As a Physician Assistant in a family practice group, we see this a lot. As long as your little ones intestines are inflamed, he may not have much appetite. I would let him have what he wants, but try to limit fruit juice and large amts of milk as this may further irritate the gut. Offer small snacks thru out the day, and if he just eats a few bites, thats probably all he can handle right now. As long as he is taking fluids, I wouldn't worry unless he begins to complain...
Greaseball, I am sending you lots of positive energy tonite. My mom died when I was 5 mo. pregnant. She had been in a nursing home after a bad stroke since I was about 2 mo. along. I would go to see her everyday and encourage her by saying "you have to get better, I want to enjoy this baby with you." When it became clear that she wasn't going to get better, I told her that we would all be OK, that it was OK for her to move on, and that she would always be with us. I...
How lovely! You were able to express what each of us have felt while sitting back and loving our children. Thank you.
Yippieeee!!!!!! Let your light shine!
I voted daily limit varies. Some days my ds will watch a few shows, other days he isn't really interested. I don't feel really strongly that all TV is bad for him, I watch him when a show is on that he likes, and he really isn't all that interested. He draws or plays with things on the floor even if it is a show he likes. We try to avoid violent TV, and if I see something objectionable, I sit down and talk about it with him. We love animal planet and some cartoons. ...
My ds was about 3 and 1/2, he was completely toilet trained with peeing, stayed dry all night, but would NOT poop in the potty!! He would take off his underwear, run down the hall, strip, pull on a pullups, and poop. How's that for control?? Sometimes, he would misjudge, and poop on the floor.(My dh was so funny, (We have to Do Something, he's like an ANIMAL!!!!) I would like to tell you we let nature take it's course, but I finally bribed him with gummy bears one day....
Babylover, I am sending you hope and peace. I lost my mom when I was five months pregnant. That was over 6 years ago. I see my mom in my ds frquently and it brings me joy. I encourage you to take good care of yourself and allow your feelings to flow naturally. Tears shed are likely to help heal, tears suppressed are not only taking a toll on you, but also on your baby. I will be sending you healing energy.