or Connect

Posts by ariatrance

The key with oil is to not use too much, just enough. When I had hair right past my shoulders, so 12-14 inches from scalp to ends, I used about a dime-sized amount of oil for my entire head, focusing most of it on the ends. It would dry into a soft, bouncy curl (that's my type) with little frizz. I don't mind some frizz, so I've never gone for the crunchy-gel look. Now that my hair is right past my ears, so 6-8 inches total, I only use about six to eight drops of oil....
I have not had to deal with this situation for my children but only for myself! I've got the curls and have long hated my hair, only really growing to love it in my late 20s. My mother also has straight hair and had no idea what to do with curls. Some suggestions I have based on my experience and success with my hair - obviously tweak to accommodate your child's tolerance levels:   1 - daily conditioning - yep, getting the hair wet and applying conditioner specifically...
Congratulations and wow! What a life change all at once for you. It can be difficult in those early days with just one nursling but to have two, you are doing an amazing job - period! You probably only need to tweak a few things in your day to day life to bump up your supply and take care of yourself. Just have to think outside the box a bit and figure out how to help yourself little step by little step. Some suggestions that you could adapt to your values/lifestyle:   1...
Thank you for your responses! I have an appointment set up for her in two weeks with a new physician, so I will be asking him to help us figure this out. 
I have been searching and searching for information on what would cause random dizzy spells and vomiting in a preschooler. Let's just say there is so much information, I'm totally lost!   My daughter, who will be 4 in two weeks, has had three dizzy spells over the last year and two episodes of vomiting. Neither is accompanied by illness - fever, congestion, etc. Occasionally, at different times, she'll have a day or two of diarrhea. None of these three occur...
Thank you all for the suggestions and commiserations. While I can't do many of the suggestions right now, I know in the future some of those will be possibilities and will likely help us all stay sane. Everybody's in a weird funk or stage right now - my oldest (with ADHD) just turned five and the time before and after birthdays has always been...weird? wonky? unusual at least. My baby is in that awkward stage of being aware of what's going on/interested in stuff but he...
Can we be bffs, ~cassie~ and Peony?! Sure, I wish a mom who's further out on the road can say "It's okay, it gets way better in x years, you won't remember these times..." but you know, it is SOOOOOO comforting to know that there are other moms out there struggling and feeling the pain as I am. It has taken sooo long for that to happen!   I have vented before (um, multiple times) on the 'regular' boards and only ever gotten suggestions for techniques that just...
A baby seat would be very dangerous, in my opinion, because of my daughter. She is ALL over him. At least on the floor, she hasn't been able to do any real damage but if he were to be dumped over in a seat...I don't know. Kinda worries me but I see what you are suggesting.   I actually have calculated the daycare rates if I were to get a part-time job. I'd have to make $20 an hour to cover all three kids, extra gas, and extra food, plus taxes. I can't think of any...
I'm really struggling today, overwhelmed with most of my life and really questioning whether I should have had three kids. I realize it is a bit late for that and while I love my children, I really wonder if I should have been a mom at all, let alone their mom.   My oldest was just diagnosed with ADHD - as in Monday this week. Okay, fine, what does that mean?! Luckily our parenting techniques that we fell into quite naturally are actually the things we should be...
But what is a logical consequence to being unkind/hurtful?   Yes, I don't try to 'control' or change every behavior. But it is constant fighting, violent fighting, absolutely not listening to anyone or caring about another's feelings. He will sit on top of his sister while she screams for him to get off, laughing the whole time. I can't think of any logical consequence to that - sure, I send him to his room to calm down, then talk about her feelings and how unkind he...