or Connect

Posts by ariatrance

You are completely normal! I too have a 19 mo old without a return of fertility. I'm actually quite enjoying it!! I would also like to have another baby soon but our finances aren't super for that right now, so it is actually a boon right now for us. According to www.kellymom.com, the stats are in our favor - almost half of breastfeeding women get their menses back between 12 - 24 months. So we still have a bit to go! Enjoy it while you can, if you...
If I had a friend or acquaintance who had directed me to an informative website during my first pregnancy, the chances of me acquiring the information I needed to make informed choices would have exponentially increased. I may not have made different choices but I would have actually known I had a choice to make. Perhaps in owning my choices, I could have avoided a preterm cesearean delivery, breastfeeding difficulties, formula feeding, severe post partum depression,...
Okay, I am trying to figure out how much (quantity) of certain items I would need to purchase once a month in order to have enough to eat throughout the month. I am having trouble with my math because that is not what I studied in school. If I wanted to have beans everyday for at least one meal, if not two, for a family of four (29, 37, 3 and 2), how many pounds dry would I need to buy? If I wanted to serve tofu once a day, how many blocks would I need to...
Quote: Originally Posted by ollyoxenfree Good on you for caring about your family's health and wanting to provide healthy, delicious meals for them. Best wishes with it. Thank you. I haven't thought about it that way before and you are right - I should view this as a challenging goal to achieve, not a nightly failure. If I set up my mind for success first, it doesn't matter what happens - each success is celebrated. At least, that's how I try...
I am so angry and frustrated with myself....again....for a messed up dinner. I am about ready to just eat from a box! I was trying to make soup. I had a box of potato leek soup and added zucchini, white beans, milk and thyme. The plan was to blend it into batches to make a thick, creamy soup. So I start the soup box heating at 5, adding in the zucchini as I chop it, then adding the milk, beans and thyme. It's 5:15 and still cold. I turn up the heat. At 5:30, it is...
Without getting into the cervical issues (because I know nothing!), in my opinion it is worth it to go into labor even if you choose to have a cesarean and not a vaginal birth. Why? Because there are valuable, valuable hormones that are released into your body when labor starts. These hormones can set you up for successful breastfeeding, successful post-partum health and lessen the chances of post-partum depression. I debated all this myself when considering my vbac. I...
First, an apology. My message last night was quite negative. I was in a bad mood and I do believe it showed. I really do appreciate all of the suggestions and tips that have been given - I really, really do! Okay: Quote: In terms of veggie prep, it's definitely practice, and a sharp knife. It also saves time to only peel the things you must. I pretty much never peel potatoes. the skin has lots of nutrients and saves time. I work in a kitchen, and have a...
Ahem. Good suggestions; however, I find I have some drawbacks. Casseroles - okay in theory and not so bad (I haven't screwed up terribly yet anyway) but the prep work is pretty horrid. I sliced my finger peeling potatoes for a meal. And it isn't the first time. It also took about 30 minutes to peel and roughly chop (as in big chunks) 2 small sweet potatoes, 4 new potatoes and 1 small acorn squash. Should it take that long? That seems too long. I have burned more...
I agree with the above statements about RYSC. However, it might help to know if she is trying to compare herself to the other parents she sees (at parks, playgrounds, playgroups, etc.). She is most likely going to be the only parent who has to get off her butt, interact constantly, and run after her child. It is very hard to do that AND compare yourself to all the other parents who just casually tell their kid to knock it off and the kid complies, who never have to jump up...
Quote: Originally Posted by tibeca I think it is really important to remember that doctors are there for medical advice, not parenting advice. Get copies of all of your labs and review them. Know what you are really looking at, and be prepared to get a second/third or even fourth opinion after you have seen what all of your labs say. Weaning will most likely have nothing to do with your current situation. And, if you ask me, your symptoms all sound...