or Connect

Posts by motherhendoula

Well, if you want....me and my 65 lb three year old would be OK to come by and sit on your pediatrician for you!  
Love this question! When i was a child (oldest of 4 raised in the 70's)  my mother had an enormous purse she used ONLY for this purpose - she made popcorn at home and stuffed it into plastic baggies - bought generic candy etc..etc..  we just groaned with embarrassment at the sight of 'the big purse'     and wished we could be like 'normal' kids and have the 'good popcorn' from the movie theater! But of course - i do the same thing....although i bring slightly healthier...
I try....try....to "Eat the Rainbow"  - that is , over the course of a week make sure i get a wide variety of foods - not just green salads etc...   and 2  - avoid "white Foods"  - that would be flour, sugar and lard! good luck!
We adore all things Seuss -But my absolute favorite is "Loveykins" by Quentin Blake - he was Roald Dahl's illustrator and did a few books of his own - so good!  Also i didnt see Kevin Henkes mentioned - Lily's Plastic Purse, Julius, Baby of the World, Sheila Rae the Brave -  for slightly older kids - so funny though!
Following!  My youngest will  be three in August and he isnt even peeing in the potty yet!  To make matters worse - he is huge for his age - over 60 lbs 41" tall (although the height helps!)  so wrestling him into size 6 diapers for the last year is leaving me exhausted!   Because he was so big, i started 'training' him at about 18 months - at that point, he was about 40 lbs - he was to big /tall for the little potty - the potty seat was not really better - but he...
Linda on the Move...you absolutely nailed it
I didnt read all the posts - i apologize if this is a repeat - BUT, when someone tells you "You are being too sensitive"  they really mean " i do not care enough about you to change my actions"  - i hope that makes sense. He sounds like a selfish, immature jackass.  I quit my job when i had DS 3 yrs ago - my DH is now working 2 jobs so i can stay home with that DS - not to mention so 'we' can pay for college for my DD - who is a product of my first marriage..... He...
I am 43 - i have an 18 DD and 15 yr old DS from a previous marriage - i worked like a dog while those two were young- my XDH was completely useless.  I got re-married to my current DH in 2007 and had our new DS in 2010.  I was 1 month from 41 when he was born.  It was great having the older two around - they arent always that good with the baby - but its nice to have someone else around who can drive and run errands!  - Although having to cart the baby to 3 separate road...
My younger brother his wife and 6 week old baby daughter will be moving to Duluth MN at the end of August - my SIL accepted a position at U of MN.  I am just being a nosy, know it all, sister at this point - any ideas on what neighborhoods would be best- easy access to the university?  near a nice park for my brother who will be a stay at home Dad for while?  they enjoy a more rural atmosphere - they have been in Central PA for a few years now.  They are both originally...
I feel your pain!  My nearly 3 old is 60 lbs and 40" tall - i switched him to a booster seat this past winter - we had a Brittax ....maybe itr was a Radian?  it was supposed to go to 60 lbs but really fell short - after Hurricane Sandy destroyed it i bought a booster - cant remember offhand which one - i am not pleased with it.  One thing about booster seats is that they dont all have clips to keep them in place.  When driving without the baby - the seat is rolling...