or Connect

Posts by motherhendoula

Will he take  a pacifier at all?  Im not sure if your comfortable with them or not - my LO is not quite as sensitive as yours, but he too will fall asleep at the breast and refuse to be moved all day ...   sometimes..i can pop the nipple out of his mouth and stick the paci in while his eyes are still closed...i still cant get up, but it does help with the nipple soreness It really sounds like you are doing everything a mother could be doing in your situation - stop...
Um - OK i really dont want to admit that i did this...but it got the job done quickly and effortlessly..... i have a 7th grader and NY req'd proof of a 4th DTaP last year.  I called my pediatrician and asked them to please fax a copy of my childs innoculations to the middle school  (we delayed vaxxing, but by age 5 my son was 'fully vacinated' according to the state of NY) so instead of giving my doctor the fax number for the Middle School - i gave them my fax number...
Claybear - im with you...sugar IS addictive - i (try) not to eat any of it...including honey, fructose, agave, etc...etc... one little taste of something sweet and im on auto pilot...They have Tim Hortons in the states ....Buffalo at least - but not down here in LI...... if i ever thought i could get away with it...Triana, i would have no problem scarfing down 6 at a time!
I havent had to deal with two in the bed for many years now...but I know how you feel with an active baby in your bed.  We have a co-sleeper side carred to the bed for our LO - have used it since the first few weeks.  DS also slept on my chest in those first few weeks - i dont think you can get such a young infant 'accustomed to' or used to sleeping in a certain place or certain way.  I wouldnt worry about it until baby is at least past 3 months old.
Do you know this professor?  Is there a way you could appeal to them personally BEFORE baby arrives?  I cannot believe this is a womens' only college and you are getting a healthcare degree...i mean...thats over the top.  Your baby HAS to be with you.  Day care starts at 6 weeks, that is no option.  How long are these classes anyway?  I think a newborn in a sling would work just fine, have Mom or DH waiting outside IF baby gets unreasonably fussy or  - on that rare...
This must be a hospital grade pump.  You will need your own flanges and bottles etc...  there is no cross contamination with a hospital grade pump.   Every Mom uses her own equipment.  I think this a great thing - having had to lug around my own hospital grade pump  (like carrying around a small microwave!)  the downside however, is that you do not have a pump to use at home to start collecting milk for your first few days back to work.  You dont know yet how often your...
I maintained too... I fell off the wagon (slightly) during the weekend...its true though, maintaining is better than gaining.
I just learned this one from my sister: Brown rice - cooked scallions - to taste 1 egg - beaten glob of dairy free butter - or olive oil   coat frying pan in glob of 'butter' or oil, fry brown rice stirring often - add the scallions, fry for about 4-5 minutes.   Make well in the center of rice and add the beaten egg - incorporate into the rice.  Adobo is a great seasoning for this - if not, sea salt, pepper and onion powder will do!  
My LO had baby acne and having a wash with some generic 'gentle baby soap' actually seemed to help him.  I thought it was happening because i sometimes put him down for naps on his stomach...i think by 8 weeks it was gone for good.  As for the holding his breath, yes it sounds frightening...probably one of those things that sounds worse than it is....but certainly worth mentioning to HCP! Am I the only crazy mom who pulls over and nurses her LO when he is inconsolable...
My DS is 5 mo old and ALWAYS has something in his mouth ....fingers, thumb, my shirt...he went after buttons on my blouse recently, and he often attempts to sneak his thumb into his mouth WHILE nursing!  Pick your battles ...he has 24 - 7 access to his fingers  - let him at them!