or Connect

Posts by motherhendoula

Hemp is a great fabric - but it does 'wear IN  - not OUT'  the more times you wash it, the nicer it gets - so for something like a doll...hemp might be overkill...now  dishtowels on the other hand! 
I dont think you need a hemp fabric for $29.99 (where are u buying your hemp from anyway???)  try this site for decent hemp: http://www.hemptraders.com/   (excellent customer service there too) i would recommend a flannel for this doll ...even a double sided flannel - because it will be a little heavier and thicker (and fuzzier)  but a single flannel will do nicely as well and should be about $3.99 / yd.  a double flannel may be as much $8.99 - i think you could get...
I had a very similar experience TWICE!  My first LO was born at a FSBC with a beautiful tub...i fully expected to give birth there - but i just couldnt get myself coordinated and after a while i just got up and walked around , tried several different positions on land and just wound up staying there...with my third i was adamant that this baby would be born into water - same thing happened - two hours in the tub, loving it ...and then an overwhelming feeling of "i have to...
Yes, when my son was that age - he wanted to save the toys he had outgrown for 'his own children someday' !!  Very frustrating!  I do think it passes - now hes 12 and he does a great job cleaning up - doesnt save anything anymore.
I did.  But after reading your post - i dont know why you would.  My first two were 8 & 5 when they first met my new husband - they were 10 & 7 when we moved in together.  I always lamented how my new husband never got to see me pregnant, hold an infant, etc....everything that comes with new parenting.  At first, he wanted a new baby and i didnt - but we each managed to each convince the other and before long i was asking him to seriously consider having another baby and...
My first 5 dropped off easily enough - i avoid 'white foods' - no sugar (of any kind..not honey, not maple syrup, not agave, not Splenda - nothing)  and no flour - or starch, modified food starch, potato, corn starch, rice - none of that.  I concentrate on lean meats and veggies - i snack on cashews or almonds.  Like i said the first 5 is easy for me ...next Friday i have to bake cookies for a party im going to, i may diet all week and loose my mind in Friday and undo my...
  KEEP THAT PEDIATRICIAN!  
LOL - my thoughts EXACTLY!  I started this pregnancy at 235 and ended at 297...   I felt like i had an affair with the Pillsbury Doughboy.....
Its hard to think about it NOW - i have a 12 yr old son and an infant son...and of course - at the moment - i think both of them are the most wonderful things to happen to this planet  EVER!  - i also tend to have judgemental disposition...which im working on....but yes, i think sometimes MIL are just being uber-protective of their sons - and i can see myself being that way!  Hopefully he wont get married young and i will have some time to acclamate!
Awesome story!  Congratulations on the new baby!  Those third babies always seem to come with a surprise!