or Connect

Posts by motherhendoula

you have the right idea Forest Mama - i wish i had been better able to stand up to pesky in-laws  - Twice! (three children, two different husbands)   My last LO is 4 months old - born at home at 2:30 PM on a Saturday - by 6PM my house was filled with relatives   ALL of whom HAD to hold my baby ...NONE of whom even offered to make us dinner, run an errand - do a load of laundry - or even so much as wash their hands before handling the baby!   I guess i take this sort of...
Thats funny  - ok more sad than funny...but my Grandmother used to be the most critical of me too ....when i was in Elementary school she would poke me in the stomach before hugging or kissing me hello and ask 'what i was going to do about this'  I couldnt imagine a worse life than the one i had - being 20 lbs overweight!  lol - lord what i would give up to be ONLY 20 lbs overweight again! OK - dont mean to bring the mood down - i think this is great to have...
Theres no yoga there!  i had to turn it off too!  I know humans and primates have some similarities ....but i think even chimpanzees dont fling their babies around like that!  What is that supposed to DO for the baby???
How far along are you?  Shop around - find an OB - or midwife, explain your self.  You may be surprised at what you find.  My sister was told she would need a cerclage during her last trimester , that she would be on bed rest, that she was "High Risk" - she talked to several other health care providers and finally settled on a midwife and went on to have a great home water birth.  Thats what is wonderful about having a full spectrum of options - if you truly do need a...
I get stains too - i have a 4 month old EBF and i actually gave up on cloth diapers for a month or so  - im so fed up with all this work and still having dirty diapers!   i have no place to dry in the sun either  (im in an apt.)  i wonder if that is the problem!  I usually hand rinse each one, soak in cold water with oxy-clean in it - run a whites cycle - then an extra rinse at the end.  I typically throw them in the dryer - or hang them up on the balcony - that gets no...
OOH!  I gotta go check out the 'on-demand' section of the TV - that would be awesome! top finish up my list - MotherHenDoula, started 1/2011 -Goal:  lose 140 lbs - my motivation is needing to be able to keep up with my now 4 month old (so far, i can barely get myself out my recliner after nursing him!)  Plan Atkins - Progress 0/140 I do think being able to support each other is a great idea - for me, the hardest part is doing this every damn year and feeling like i...
I just meant it should be part of the liner - like sandwhich two layers of wool inside an inner and outer layer of flannel / hemp/ cotton velour - something like that - wool can be scratchy against sensitive skin!
My first was in the living room - and to protect the carpets - splurge on some plastic shower curtain liners!  My second HB was a waterbirth and the only sensible place to put the tub was our bedroom - although i didnt feel like i wanted to be in the tub toward the end - got out, leaned over a chair and delivered right there on my feet.  - getting the shower curtain liner open and on the rug was the most frustrating part! 
Actually yes, I have known midwives to write it into their contracts - lol.  Mostly, this is for labors that go loooong.  I know my last baby was born around lunch time and i had NOTHING in the house and NO TIME to get anything...but again, it was a fast birth and midwives were home for dinner - so there was no worry there.  With my first home birth - i was in labor 12hours and the midwife and asst were with  me for at least 8 of it.  My son was born at 6PM - we all ate...
This is my third - but my second marriage so it's my husband's first baby- we elected not to know the gender.  I was shocked at how many people were SO ANGRY at us for not knowing!!  My MIL shopped constantly for all things yellow and green.  When it was apparent that i was in heavy labor and this was it....(at noon on a Saturday)  my MIL gently reminded her son that Macy's was having a sale - but that it would be over by 6PM  (just in case i needed a time parameter for...