or Connect

Posts by motherhendoula

Oh I'm glad i read the title of this thread twice!  - I assumed it was going to be many size 8 women lamenting about how they are no longer size 2.  I weigh 280 today.  I have been overweight my entire life but i used to smoke - which helped keep the weight down to a dull roar.  When i quit 8 years ago i started to really put on the pounds.  Every January i find my determination and vow to loose the weight this year - i often loose as much as 50 lbs...but a few too many...
If you dont want to wear them as skirts....they might make nice scarves, or you could cut them up and use them as a layer for a diaper,  not next to baby's skin but inside would work.   Its not that its felted, its just that wool fabric is typically made that way. 
When my son was 1 i stopped giving him formula (we weaned early at 9 months)  in lieu of breastmilk OR formula i used oat milk, almond milk, rice milk - whatever was on sale that week.  I was anti- dairy, i think it contributed to my kids having many many ear infections.  He was also a terrific eater and i think its important to remember that these LO's are getting so much of their nutritional needs met during meal time.  PLUS your LO is still getting breastmilk - so if...
Have you ever been tested for Celiac's Disease?  My daughter was just diagnosed with Crohn's Disease - hers included a peri anal abcess....but everyone has different symptoms.  The only thing you can do - is keep a meticulous food journal - see another gastroenterologist, or a naturopath.  This a service for which you are paying - demand an answer.
I disagree - i dont think its a tummy ache....my LO is 4 mos and at about 2.5 - 3 mos old started nursing less often  - which is totally normal, the composition of the milk changes at this time, you feel less 'full' and baby is engaging in more play and eats less often.  My LO would stretch himself backwards (with nipple in mouth)  and beat his little fists against me sometimes - typically when he was over-tired - i had never met a baby who wouldnt nurse himself off to...
I think its imperative to get kids involved in clean - up - at this age, theyre still usually eager to please and will pick up clutter.  With some involvement and responsibility now, maybe by the time they are teens they will still be doing it! My problem is always the real cleaning  - the bathrooms and kitchen.  I will rationalize all day reasons why i just cant get in there and clean today....  maybe when my LO starts crawling i'll feel more satisfaction from...
Treat yourself like you are coming down with a cold - extra fluids, extra rest, hot showers or compresses on the affected area and NURSE on that side as often as you can.  Both mastitis and plugged ducts can occur when we are run down ...and it 'tis the season - to be worn out and run down!
For what its worth - i stopped letting my DS#1 have any cows milk at the age of one.  He weaned at 9 mos., was on formula until 12 months - then i stopped dairy entirely until he was 2.  His older sister was totally formula fed and had constant ear infections - when he started having more ear infections - i took him off dairy and he didnt have any more after that!  He ate meats, including spaghetti sauce full of ground beef and veggies - full of fat!  and drank rice...
The Juney B Jones Series is cute
I just wanted to chime in - i weighed 245 when i got pregnant (im 5'6")  and was 297 when i delivered (and i pushed that baby out while leaning over a STURDY chair!)   While this isnt exactly something id recommend to all   buuuut,  I wanted to say i had NO health problems at all - no HBP, no GD - i delivered at home with my midwife, as planned.  (baby was 8'8")  so eat, birth, and be merry!