or Connect

Posts by motherhendoula

My DS is 3.5 mo and our Arms Reach co-sleeper is busting at the seams - might make 4.5 months in it!
Yow that sounds just awful!  My LO is only 4 mo old and is teething, but nothing has popped thru - my other children were weaned by the time they got teeth (9 and 10 months old)  - My LO keeps latching on then turning his head and stretching the nipple until it pops out of his mouth....this is aggravating but by no means what you have experienced!  you mentioned that at home you can go into a quiet dark room and nurse her without incident - maybe thats what you want to...
I am having a horrible time finding a decent nursing bra.  I am a plus sized mom, and i wore a 42F during this last pregnancy.  That bra still fits, but when i order that size in a nursing bra it is WAY TOO SMALL- and i really havent found any bigger sizes that arent underwire. (yes, I have tried Bravados entire line)    My LO is nearly 4 months old and has easily doubled his weight - is it risky at this age to wear an underwire? 
I agree with the first poster about breasts not feeling full anymore - my DS is nearly 4 months and i noticed a few weeks back that i rarely feel full, and he sleeps 6 hours at night!  My LO gets especially fussy at the breast when he is really tired - (i thought ALL babies liked to nurse themselves to sleep!) but when he is really tired he will latch on, turn his head, let the nipple pop out, relatch, turn his head  - until i stop him...which is usually pretty quickly,...
We actually REALLY considered "Lennon" - I was more concerned that people would call him "Len"  - not that people might think we named him after a facist dictator
My Grandmother is 81, but in poor health and hasnt cooked regularly for herself since my g-pa died 6 years ago.  My parents buy her meals from http://www.schwans.com/  - they are pre-made ...she lives in a very rural area and they deliver to her door.  i cannot comment on the nutrition of these meals - having done NO research on them myself ...but if GG cant get out - or doesnt drive, they may be helpful.  My DH has a G-ma who will be 86 1 week after X-mas - so we need...
I would most definitely call - and keep the conversation on the task at hand....the DS MOVING to DC!  There sounds like there would be plenty to talk about!
this is a link to a blog by Jennifer Block - author of "Pushed" http://www.jenniferblock.com/wordpress/ another great book ...buuuut, a longer, more difficult read - so it might not be a good choice for your DH
Well I think most people dont go outside to smoke MNF because it is still an arrestable offense - (or am i just watching WAY too many cop shows??)  - we rent our apartment, and have a lovely terrace - i wish my DH would go out there to smoke MNF - but then he would have to answer  the questions from the 15 yr old DD and 12 yr. old DS "what is he DOING out there?"  and then what happens if the neighbors catch wind of it?   They will either be horrified  (possibly call...
Im not in MD - but i CAN recommend a good book!  The Dr. Sears "Birth Book"  - it is written by Dr. Sears - a pediatrician and his wife, Martha - a nurse and mother of 8...it is like the opposite side of Spiritual Midwifery....(while still being pro-home birth)  it acknowledges hospitals - and what they are good for, and being that both authors worked in many different hospitals, it tackles 'hospital protocol'  and sorts out the nonesense.  It is the less 'crunchy chewy'...