or Connect

Posts by motherhendoula

I usually cook dinner for one night and lunch for the next day....or for example - grilled chicken breasts for dinner, then chopped into salads for my DH to take to work for the next 5 days....I just wanted to add - i did most of my cooking with my DD 'helping' - my DS had far less patience - i used a backpack style carrier and carried him around the kitchen on my back while i prepared dinner most nights.   He adored it.
Saturday?  So baby is only 2 days old?  going on 3 now.  You may find he will pick up a little now, but to get him motivated, strip him down to diaper only to eat - (maximize the skin to skin contact at this time by taking off your shirt - or wearing a button down shirt)  keeping him cool will encourage him to 'wake up' and eat.    You said he is eating every 1 1/2 - 2 hours ...is that during the night too?  make sure he is eating AT LEAST every 3 - 4 hours during the...
I dont think the question should be "is this normal behavior for a 4 and 5 yo"  but rather,  "is this typically the way they they behave?"  and the answer to that question is NO.   At some point, all parents get dragged into 'play dates' with one child or another who makes our lives far more difficult...rather than having a playmate for DD - now you have to constantly monitor these kids and make sure the cat, pillows, books etc  have a safe place to go and hide when the...
"How are those even CPS issues? It makes absolutely no sense. I'm glad I live in an area where CPS doesn't seem concerned with these things." Good point Doodlebugs Mom....doesnt CPS have better things to do?  Are they so well staffed that ALL the child abusers have been caught and the children placed and now they have turned their attention to left of center parents?  LOL I was a single mother living in Long Island for a number of years - all I could afford was a one...
My ex-husband is Jewish, so our DS was circumcised - i didnt want to do it - but i had an entire family citing 5000 years of 'tradition' so i folded.  It was terrible, that poor baby cried so much over the next week - it was so obvious he was in pain.  My second husband is not Jewish- when i broached the subject of c'cising he was on the fence- again, wanting baby to look like Dad, not be rejected by girls etc..etc...Then a friend of ours described how their sons...
I didnt have an Aqua Doula - but i beleive i used something like it - (its NOT the blow up kind right?)  i used a small plastic stool UNDER the plastic - easiest to do prior to set up i realize!  i had a plastic stool which i piled a few towels on - for comfort more than anything.  We put it in thinking DH could sit on it.
GET THE DOULA I recently had my third child - my second HB ..i am a postpartum doula and know plenty of labor doulas - i could have chosen 20 different women....lol    With my first HB - my midwife and her assistant arrived very early in labor and were very 'hands on'  with me...i didnt really need a doula.  I assumed this midwife would be the same way - but they werent.  Also - this labor was FAR more intense and painful than either of my other labors.  Lesson learned...
Wow, I cant wait to hear how this all turns out!  NO ONE who is stable and right minded would 'go out for a bite to eat'  while they were 4 hours late to pick up a child who is still in diapers.  It sounds like this mother needed a loong break - she didnt go about this in the right manner and it sounds like you have lost a friend. Write tomorrow and let us know what her excuse was!
I have no personal experience with this, but an LC friend of mine says you can gradually cut away part of the shield. Start at the nipple, cutting part of it off, then a 1/8" at a time - cut more, until your down to bare breast. Good Luck
My LO is 10 weeks old - he has been grinning at us for several weeks now...tonight i changed his diaper - which displeased him greatly - got him calmed down and sat down to nurse him and after a few minutes i looked down at him and hes grinning away at me...with his mouth still full of breast - just grinning at me - too adorable!