or Connect

Posts by Giraffe

I was given Thorazine as a toddler when I had to have CT scans. It was part of the "kiddy cocktail" they used in the mid 80s at some hospitals. I was born in 1983, so probably around 1985 when I took it. It is actually now listed as an allergy in my medical records. I get funny looks anytime I recite my allergy list at a doctors office. Me: Reglan, Demerol, anything 'cillin', Thorazine... Nurse: Thorazine? When were you given that & why? Me: As a toddler before head CTs...
Quote: Originally Posted by mamatoablessing I just reread the OP and I missed the fact that she's fitting these seats into a Prius. Sorry bout that. I still stand by rear facing as long as possible but if it won't fit because of the baby's carseat, then obviously you should look at other options. Like I said before, I think the Nautilus is a good seat. And because it can be used as a 5 point harness, high back and no back booster, it will grow with...
Quote: Originally Posted by mamatoablessing At only 2 years and 3 months old, I would continue rear facing my child. It's safest to keep them rear facing as long as possible. The Graco Nautilus (while I think is actually a great and safe seat) would not be right your son since it is a forward facing seat only. I'd look into something that has a longer rear facing weight limit. There are very few seats that RF past 35lbs & the ones that do...
That's GREAT!!! I haven't been on much. Off to PM you...
That sounds sooo much like my kiddo. He has extra fluid found by a CT at 6mo after his head jumped from 50th percentile to 97th. He had an MRI at 12mo after he had some regression (was on hands & knees at 9mo, but can't get on knees anymore) & vomiting. The fluid level is the same & on the outside of his brain. I'm told it isn't harmful. I refused to sedate for the CT, but since he had regression & vomiting we opted to go through with the MRI & of course he had to be...
So I guess we're doomed to a future of stinky boys I've never lived with a teenage boy either. I have had some relatives with mental handicaps that had issues with hygeine. We just had to be direct with them because they didn't think about. They never seemed offended. They were more like "Oh yeah, I guess I forgot about deodorant." They were also female.
MRI RESULTS: He still has moderate amount of fluid between his brain & skull, but the same amount as at 6mo. It shouldn't be causing him any problems. There are no structural abnormalities. I'll be asking more questions at his follow up on the 25th with his ped. We will have swallow study results by then too. So we still don't know what's going on. He should start physical therapy soon & has a swallow study next Tuesday. Hopefully that will give us some answers.
UPDATE: I got an appt for lunch time today. She's a little baffled too since liquids stay down, but solids have become even more of a problem. So we're going to look at a few things: 1. He has an MRI w/sedation, but no contrast on Monday. I'm pretty nervous about sedating my baby. I refused for his CT & he made it through without it, but an MRI will require it. This will give us a better picture to see if problems are stemming from something going on in his head. Maybe...
Thanks again. I don't think it is a virus. The on call ped last night didn't think it sounded like a bug either. Everyone except Jareth was sick a few weeks back with a totally different set of symptoms. We all had the same symptoms, but what Jareth is doing is totally different. I hope that makes sense. Plus it started over a week later when the rest of us were all sick within 2 days. I think we had picked something up at Childrens when Milo had to get his stitches....
Thanks! I've heard good things about a developmental ped or group here, but there is a wait list I think. I'll bring that up when I call tomorrow. I need to get a little notebook. Actually I think his EI folder has space to write this stuff. We haven't been with this ped long & she wanted to see his EI eval so she knew where to send us. She wants to make sure we get to the right people for him. I'm glad we switched to her. His head CT looked good. They said there was a...