or Connect

Posts by sandsprite

What sometimes works well to nip my ds pre-tantrums in the bud, is when he starts feeling mad.frustrated etc. For example ds wanted some sugar frosted cereal and I said no he can't have that, at which he starts to cry so I get down at his level and say "do you need a hug?"  Often he says yes, we hug and he moves on.  I don't give in to the cereal.  As soon as you do that, well it just gives my ds to use the screaming in public strategy again.  It took a while, but now...
a jump rope can give you an amazing cardio workout and there are some good workouts on you tube. or you can google it. and it costs all of $8 for a jump rope.
beatrix potter! Dr. Seus Dick King-Smith (they guy who wrote Babe) has tonnes of chapter books, all easy to read, all fun. I especially liked dinasaur trouble.
my son stuttered during that phase too. he could say octopus, and all this big words in english and punjabi too he even started talking before he could walk! but 2 1/2 and stutter city. We didn't mind it and no one bugged him about it but you could see he was getting very frustrated with it. He would just feel so defeated when he could not get his words out. My dad says its normal at that stage especially for bilingual early talkers, their brain forms the words before...
It was out of robin hood that came out I think in the 90's when this english boy goes up to Morgan Freeman and asked him why he looked so different, and Mogan Freeman laughed, as only he could, and said "because God loves variety!" and that's what I tell my kids.
head to the upholstry section of the fabric store, I personally like the faux suede for the base and any piece of matching fabric for the decorative rectangle in the middle. always looks classy and the faux suede washes up beautifully. I tend to splurge on some elegant embroidered silk, cuz I like pretty things.
jump rope! Google it and you will come up with a tone of great ideas 100pushups.com there are a million trainers on you tube all trying to make a name for themselves! check out the library video section, then you can test out that windsor pilates before you buy and buy second hand off of craigslist. you know how many people buy work out videos that they never use, and the sell it cheap. I am very budget consious these days, just 15 more years before I...
You know, if you google total body workout, you can find a ton of stuff you can do at home, no weights, minimal equipment that can give you a good workout. try a $8 skipping rope. Jumping rope is relatively low impact and you can burn as much calories as a 10 km run. get a few for the kids and make a game of it. start slow, like 30 seconds intervals, and work your way up to 3 minutes. skipping. add a few tricks like double unders, or running skip or alternate feet...
I am doing the exact same thing! we are going to India in December and my son is currently 19 months. so I started EC-potty learning at 14 months, (we did part time EC at around 6 months so going in the toilet was not a new experience for him, but we paused with the EC while I was transitioning back to work.) he is in cloth diapers since birth, and the first month he would go poop in the potty consistantly and at least tell me if he was wet, but mostly he would...
Thanks for all your advice! I am going to skip the foldable ones, and opt for the fisher-price potty on the go. Its the long flight to india I really need it for. just one more question, anyone who has this one, can you put the insert over a toilet seat too? anyone tried it on an airplane toilet?