or Connect

Posts by lactationlady

I haven't posted here in quite a while.  My dd is almost 6 and has Kabuki Syndrome.  I hung out here a lot when she was younger and this forum was a great source of support.  I am hoping you all can help me out again.  I am a lactation consultant and I will be speaking at a LLL conference this summer.  I have a passion for helping mothers & babies with special needs to breastfeed.  I would love it if some of you might share some photos of your little ones with special...
Just out of curiosity, does your LO have a lip tie?  I attended a presentation by Dr. Kotlow, a pedi dentist from Albany, NY, yesterday.  He said the he believes cavities on the front surface of the front teeth in breastfeeding infants is often caused by a tight maxillary frenum (lip tie).  He said that he no longer believes that "baby bottle tooth decay" happens in breastfed babies unless there is a lip tie.  Here is a link to his article published in the Journal of...
I don't post here often anymore since all the popup ads make it run so slow, but I'm glad I stopped in today and saw that my old thread got resurrected. I hadn't realized that I did not come back and post an update. We took Bekah to Pediatrics Plus in Houston in July last year. They billed it as regular PT, so we only had to pay our co-pay for each visit. She did really well and was crawling by the end of the first week. We lucked out and got someone who worked well...
He wouldn't take the cheese, but the slim jim worked! Thanks so much. He wagged his tail when the kids came in to pet him before bed. Hopefully that is a good sign.
He is a mutt. Looks like chihuahua/ dachsund maybe. The vet initially gave him a shot of morphine and then he was under general anesthesia while the stitched him up and popped the hip back into the socket, but we can't keep taking him in for shots. Wish we could! We had tried crushing the pill and putting it in his food, but he can tell it's there and eat around the portion with the pill in it.
The short version of our story - We adopted a dog on Sunday from a family moving out of state. On Monday evening he bolted when dh opened the front door. He ran into the street and was hit by a car. He has multiple lacerations which needed stitches and he dislocated a hip. They popped it back into the socket, but weren't able to sling it because of a bad laceration on that leg. We are to keep him confined to his crate for 4-6 weeks, only carrying him outside to potty....
We dealt with similar issues with my dd until she was almost 3. We tried to maximize the nutritional punch of everything she ate - adding olive oil or virgin coconut oil to everthing she ate, lots of avocado, smoothies made with fruit and coconut milk (and whatever else I could pack in), "ice cream" made in the food processor with frozen fruit, coconut milk & some type of sweetener. We had a dairy allergy, so we had to be creative. We used goat milk yogurt and buffalo...
Oh my! That is really awful! I second the pp's suggestion of sending a copy of what you wrote to the hospital administrators. What occured there is truly dangerous.
Oh no! I hope he is not too afraid to get on another horse. That must have been scary for all of you!
I am a private practice IBCLC and have been approached about becoming a chapter leader in a new Birth Network chapter. I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this and what to expect. I am still trying to decide whether I can commit to being a chapter leader. Aside from my private practice (which is very part-time right now) I am a homeschooling mom, dh works full time and has gone back to college full time (one more year left), my youngest child...