or Connect

Posts by lunabin

I may be prematurely freaking out here, but this is my second and I'm worried about who will be around to take care of my 3 year old when I go into the hospital.     The plan now, is that my mother will come down and help out - but she is kind of a flake!  DD is in full time daycare, so that helps, but my mom works 6 days a week - including 2 evenings.  We haven't seen her in over a month, and then it was at my DD's busy birthday party with 30 kids and parents...
You can try http://www.meetup.com/mercermoms/   There are a lot of groups on there, that's just one I know of that gets together frequently with their kids.  I'm working full time and will probably join them after I have DS in a few weeks-months...      
I found that my supply really boosted with a combo of frequency and duration of pumping.  I started just by pumping 10 minutes at every feeding, but found that if I waited 20 I'd have another let down and get even more!  So I started pumping myself dry and then add an additional 5-10 minutes - even if nothing was coming out.  I kept the milk in big rubbermaid bottles like this...
I'm also (maybe obviously) not EP'ing anymore, and totally agree with HappyHappyMommy on this...     I don't think it's really fair to think of supplementing as "selfish" because sometimes the decision to use formula is one that is beneficial (or in the best interest) of you AND the baby.  Even if it means giving yourself the relief of that one piece of stress - that can be good for both of you.     What actually helped me was to not even consider a timeline of...
My problem is that the cups are too small - I'm usually an A cup, and now am wearing a C!  I'm really hoping I get to keep these!!!!
I also found with my first that the daycare transitioned DD to one nap a day when she turned 1, so she would take a very long nap from about noon-3.  This obviously varies by each kid, but you may just as well stay at work if the baby is sleeping.  Can you work from 9-3 maybe, and then cut out one of your days?  I also think if you want to continue breastfeeding, rather than pump, then try to find a center nearby where you can go there for your lunchbreaks.     Also,...
I have 2 kinds of wetbags (well, we're currently potty trained) - the Wet Happened bags sound like the ones you're describing where the lining is attached up by the zipper.  I don't think this is technically considered PUL, but just a water proof material.  Mine is very thick and durable, so I would just toss it in the drier inside out (or plastic liner side out) - though, as you described - it usually was separate from the cloth part and twice it's normal size....
If you knit - I was also very close to knitting miniature mittens and hanging them along the mantle with numbered tags for each day...     I scoured etsy for ideas: 
I'm making one like pictured below only in fabric.  I'm using a backboard and framing it, and then sewing them as little pocket so the ornaments are open at the top and I can put in either candy or a note (activity, treat, quote)...  Instead of the basic shapes here, I'm using all sorts of shapes (owl, pine cone, penguin, etc.) that I found templates for online.  Mine is also secular, so I will  simply write "A Countdown to Christmas" or some "Peace, Love, Hope, Joy"...
Wow, thanks for the tip!  I never shop there, but will check it out.