or Connect

Posts by star8kitten

Recliner.  I was not able to lay down for the first two weeks and I lived in that recliner.  I ate, slept, and even changed a diaper once.  I used one of the big twin nursing pillows and we would nurse and then sleep.  It was two weeks before I got them into the crib and was able to lay in my bed.    I have one with the nifty pull latch so you don't have to crank a lever.  It made all the difference to be able to put my feet up without having to lean over to one...
Oh I feel your pain!  I never made enough either for my twins.  I made enough for about 1.5 babies and never could get it to be enough.  I took domperidone but I don't know if it helped or the round the clock pumping was what finally got my body going to make milk.  I had to supplement until they were 6 months old.  At the most, they got about 12 ozs of formula a day and I nursed them the rest of the time.   After trying for three weeks to get them to latch and to...
Oh, one more thing, my baby B (feels weird to call him that) was breech and we were all okay to try and deliver him that way.  He was very high up and turned sideways a bit but the doc thought she coudl get him.  He was so frogged legged she could not get a grip on him. 
I ended up having a csec after a failed internal version to try and get baby B in position.  I wish they would have given me the epidural and done the version becasue I could not relax enough for the doc to get up there and get baby B.  Having the epidural in my opinion is a better option than havign a csec and facing that recovery with twins.    I really don't want to scare you but I had one and it was the worst pain I have ever been through. I have had three...
My two look very much a like but are not identical.  I have had people insist I must be wrong and ask me if I had them tested to be sure.  Geez!   If I had b/g twins and was asked if they were idenitcal I would sweet as pie say "they can't be identical if they don't have the same plumbing!"
Emelee - I don't have irish twins, sorry it does look that way from my comments.  I actually have four boys 7, 5, and the twins who are 19 months.   I have seen some of irish twin familes at church and I guess I think of when I can take a nap in the recliner nursing the twins while they have a newborn and a toddler who won't entertain themselves.      But then I think about the fact that I did not sleep for six months for more than two hours at time!
I have had some of those comments too.  If I don't know the person I always try and keep it really positive and say what a blessing they have been.  My other kids are standing there and I hate to complain in front of them or act like the babies ruin everything.  Instead of using words like harder (I mean come on is there a test for hardness) I try and say something to the effect that their situation must have brought up some unique stuggles.  Personally I do think the...
Thanks for all the tips and advice ladies!  Sometimes just hearing others admit it is hard and just something you have to work through is the best thing for me.  Their dynamic is so much fun to watch and to see their personalites emerging is so neat.  I will figure out what works for us, I manage to keep their older brothers from fighting too much so hopefully we will get  through this too.
I think the most important thing is to listen to your body.  If you feel tired rest for a bit.  If you start to feel off, drink water or eat something.  Toward the end I had to take a nap everyday and did sit a lot.  I even started to sit while cutting vegtables for dinner.  I made it to 38 weeks and I went into labor after walking around Costco for two hours.  I did it on purpose because I wanted to go into labor at that point, and my water broke that night.  It is hard...
My boys are 15 months old and they are starting to fight over everything.  I do have two of somethings but my husband and I decided long ago we were not going to get two of everything just to keep the peace.    They are also not shy about pushing each other to get what they want and one of them seems to do most of the pushing.   How have y'all dealt with this?  Is this just a phase that will get better with time and encouragement?  got any tricks up your...