or Connect

Posts by Rowansmama

Well, I work from home so this may be of no help to you, but I work about 20 hours a week after my kids are in bed. I have tried to have sitters come to the house and do some work during the day, but I just can't focus on work when I can hear the kids playing or needing something. So, I go to work around 7:30 or 8:00 each evening and work about 2 or 3 hours, plus a few hours on the weekend while DH takes them. It is really, really painful sometimes because all I want to...
I've tried all sorts of things - gym, walking, etc, but find the only thing that consistenly works for me is to work out to DVDs at home after the kids are in bed. I recently started doing Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred and it's AMAZING! YOu only have to do 20 minutes a day but it's killer and you get results almost immediately. I downloaded it but you can get it at walmart for like 10 dollars.
I'd recommend getting the Baby Whisperer book. Her big thing is getting baby on a routine, which was invaluable for my first and now I'm doing with my second. It's not a schedule, you basically get baby on a routine of eat, play, and sleep. It really helps you figure out why your baby is fussy and what to do. For instance, your baby wakes up, so you feed him. Then you do an activity (at this age, it is probably just you holding him, him looking at you, etc). Then it's...
Quote: Originally Posted by momma-z Babies die all the time in car seats??? I've never heard that. Please explain. I frequently visit my mom 3.5 hours away and my DS usually sleeps most of the trip. I thought this was a good thing, but now I'm worried. Can you please tell me where this info is from? I think "die all the time" is a slight exaggeration, but this is referring to the infant "bucket" seats. There have been baby deaths related to...
Quote: Originally Posted by GreenGranolaMama My son is Rowan Other boys names I love are Jonas and Zephyr good luck! Just LOVE Rowan...my older daughter is called Rowan. My youngest DD is called Linden. Both boys names, but love em anyway!
Wow, how timely - I was JUST about to post a new thread with this same topic! Lately my DD (2 and a half) has been all about Daddy too. It's to the point where if I try to get her dressed, comfort her in the night, or even hug her, she has a huge tantrum...kicking, hitting, and wailing "WANT DADDY!" I've been home with her since she was born, and for a lot of it have been the only parent around since DH is military and is gone alot. It really does hurt my feelings,...
Linden Autumn was born March 2 at 1:20 pm weighing 7 lbs, 10 oz. It wasn't the birth I wanted as I was hoping for a VBAC, but pre-e forced me to have another section at 39 weeks. But, I was only in the hospital for 2 nights and we've been home since Thursday. I'm so in love! Pictures coming soon!
Do you live near a gym with a childcare option? The one I used to go to (before I was too pregnant to move, let alone workout) has onsite childcare. I drop DD there and go do my thing for an hour. Sometimes I'd use the machines, other times I'd go to a class. If you have a Y nearby, this is a great option. At first I felt guilty for dropping her there, but she's never had any issues and it's good for her to see mama taking care of herself. Now that I don't feel like...
Yesterday DD pooped on the potty for the first time! I was ecstatic. I made her show Daddy. He was thrilled. Can you tell we've been having poop issues?
Quote: Originally Posted by Fuamami So you have to eliminate all complaints? Are no complaints valid or healthy? No, not exactly. You have to eliminate mindless, pointless complaining. For instance, it's not okay to say "My life sucks, I'm so busy, I hate my job." It IS okay to say "Lately I've been unhappy with my life, and here's what I'm going to do about it."