or Connect

Posts by MyLittleWonders

It may not be what you want (not an all-in-one program), but this is what we like for Kinder: All About Reading (they have pre-level 1 for phonemic awareness/rhyming/etc and level 1 for beginning, c-v-c reading; it works well with All About Spelling level 1 if your child is writing) Handwriting without Tears (we've used this program for all three boys and will more than likely use it with dd) The Good Books list (we love Peter Rabbit, The Golden Book of Fairy...
We are classical/CM hs'ers too, though this year I am using Oak Meadow for most of my L/A, history and science. I needed to change things up a bit, so ds#1 and ds#2 will be going through the 4th grade curriculum together (I'm splitting the difference - they are 5th and 3rd). But, it's still pretty CM in that it uses living books at times (and allows for us to use living books to cover ideas in history and science), plus I'm bringing WTM writing into the curriculum. (And...
I would recommend the Betsy Maestro books - we really like them. Each takes a bit to get through (I broke them up into 4-5 days per book), but the illustrations are wonderful and the text is nice and "meaty" without being overwhelming. Plus, it makes for good copywork and/or dictation, if you go that route. 
I can understand Sue's actions with Becky based on losing her sister. I don't think Becky having Down syndrome is the only reason why Sue is nice to her (not saying you said that is why, but just wondering out loud based on your questions), but I do think having a sister with Down syndrome helped Sue be able to really see Becky. Because Sue knows her sister, and knows she is more than her Down syndrome, she also knows Becky is more than her Down syndrome. Unfortunately,...
I think you are right! My boys would agree and they aren't even the ones doing the OT. 
I completely agree! What in the world was that all about?!  On Facebook they (ABC Castle) had said that only one was supposed to die, so I'm holding out hope that they just want us to believe something that isn't true. 
She receives Early Intervention due to Down syndrome. Thankfully, not only is it in-house, but our OT is awesome! I'm going to have to work with the boys though as they think a one hour therapy appointment means no school all day.  Right now she only comes 1x a month but she'll re-evaluate dd in June and then move to 2x a month or weekly. So we can't be taking a day off school every time our OT is here.      Welcome! 
Thyme Mama - dh is home here during the summer and it makes things interesting. Last summer we were able to find a decent routine, and though he is a teacher by profession as well, he and I definitely do things differently! Plus, the kids don't see him as "teacher" dad but rather "playtime" dad, so that can be a bit of a transition around here. I'm not familiar with Winter Promise - are they unit studies? Have you worked on a daily rhythm/routine? Will your dh be helping...
I thought I was in a bind! Though dh mentioned this weekend that he really, really likes FLL for the boys and would I consider adding it back in! So, I think after a full year (well, a little bit more than that, but we haven't been 100% consistent) of MCT Island, I think I'm going to do FLL 4 with both older boys together. If I can do things with the both of them, and then just have to do K with ds#3 (and keep the baby entertained), things might get done. So now, our L/A...
  Okay, I am loving Rafe Esquith's books (well, book ... I'm reading Light Their Fires right now)!!! Thank you so much for mentioning him; he is what I needed to get past these doldrums that have been weighing me down. I checked the book out from the library, but I think I'm going to buy it and Teach Like Your Hair's On Fire on the iPad so I can read them whenever I need a pick-me-up.