or Connect

Posts by Morgasaursmom

So I am newly pregnant(4-5 weeks) with baby #3. First was a scheduled C-sec because he was breech, 2nd was a very fast hospital VBAC with a doula. I was hoping to deliver this baby at our local birth center, but it unfortunately had to close. I DO NOT want to go back to the hospital, and really want a water birth. So, our bathtub is not birthing friendly, how do you prepare your house for a water birth? When do you set up your birthing tub, where, is it inflatable? ...
I was in a similar situation after I had my first boy.  I didn't get a trial of labor after discovering at 40wks he was breech.  So i had a C-sec, which went well, all was fine.  I had an extremely hard time nursing though, and was determined with our next child to have a natural birth.  Around the time we started trying I started looking into a more "natural" OB.    Have you thought about the OB that your Birth Center is affiliated with?  I wasn't ready to deliver...
My DS is 4 months old, and spits up after he nurses, every time.  He does not spit up though, after he drinks from a bottle.  He only gets breastmilk, never any formula.  He has spit up since birth, was diagnosed with reflux, and we have found that Prevacid keeps his discomfort under control.  He used to spit up ALL the time, but it now mostly occurs just after nursing.  He has had ok weight gain, dr wants to see more.  He gained 2lbs in 2 months, is now 26in long,...
expecting our second son Feb 16th! Sullivan Jedi
Hi, I'm pregnant with my second boy, due Feb 16, and I'm considering a doula for the birth. My first boy was breech, had to have scheduled c-section, never went into labor. So this will be new to me! I'd like to have a natural birth, will be delivering at Sparrow. I'm using a very vbac/natural birth friendly OB. Anyone have a doula they recommend in the Lansing area?
our 2 yr old DS has co-slept since birth, and for the most part sleeps in his toddler bed at the foot of our bed. When I put him down for bed I lay next to him and cuddle. He insists on pinching, rubbing touching my breasts though! I now it's a comfort thing, from when he used to nurse, but I think it's time for him to stop. If he wakes at night and crawls in bed with us, he insists on doing the same thing or he almost panics. Any suggestions on getting him to comfort...
Anyone know of an over the counter chewable prenatal vitamin? I can't swallow the big pills, have been on prescription chewables, but they are pretty expensive. Any suggestions??
My OB just prescribed Glucophage to try and regulate my cycles, and was curious of anyone else has had a good or bad experience on it? We've been TTC #2 for about 6 months, DS took about 3 yrs to get, but didn't need any assistance...
I live the Lansing MI area, and am in search of an OB or primary care dr that is pro BF. I have a 10 month old son, and have had milk supply issues since his birth, want to get to the bottom of it before we have another baby. I suspect I have PCOS, want a dr that won't just say I will have to live with a low milk supply. Any suggestions??
My name is Nancy, I'm the proud mama to our first baby boy, born 7/3/08, named Morgan Xavier! He was breech, so had to schedule a c-section. We really hope our next baby can be a vbac! We love our family bed, I have been struggling with nursing since day one, but still continue, even though we have to supplement Love this sight, we are learning as we go!