or Connect

Posts by cejae

Btw,typed that on the iPad- apologies for nutty typing!
Hello lovely mdc friends! I've missed you all! I just read the past two weeks of posts and I think I'm caught up. I love the belly pics! Whew, so it's been quite the roller coaster over here. So here is th short version of what happened: I was woken up at about 7am a week ago Saturday by a gush of water. Mind you, I hadn't had a single contraction or BH yet, so this water breaking thing was a huge surprise. We were not packed to the hospital or anything. I was...
I'm here! Thanx for allthesupport you guys. Still in the nicu - I'll update tomorrow.
First, let me say that the Glee soundtrack makes bedrest way more bearable.  I could listen to Kurt and Blaine forever.  It's a cruel joke that I was born a lesbian rather than a musically inclined gay boy.  Sigh.    Holy cow, Mizyellow, cutest family ever!  Your belly is rockin' that swimsuit!  So glad you had a great time in Florida!   Starling, things any better with the upset belly?   Escher, I'm so sorry your HR person is not responding in any sort of...
Library,  Thanks for checking in!  We miss you around here!  I'm glad that things seems to be getting a little easier :).    Julie, Our lawyer was Alexis C. Beach.  We loved her.  Her email is acbeach@2momslaw.com.  And as for Maia, we knew NOTHING about babies until we took their class and it was plenty.  We also met our informal parenting group there.  They were invaluable during that first year and we are all still friends even though two of the couples have moved...
Hi all,   I usually hang out on the queer parenting thread, but given that I'm expecting twins I figured I'd drop a line over here.    Name? CJ   You and maybe your partners age at the birth? 37 and 36   Are the babies Mono or Di or what combo of both? Di   What number of kids will is be for you? 2 and 3   Genders? Will you be finding out? Nope, not finding out their sexes.  They'll let us know their genders when they are ready...
Wherli, wow, let me just say what an incredible mom you are to do all the research that you had to do to secure both of your legal rights to the child. You are an incredible parent :). Keep us all updated on the process, okay? Just a thought about the money - I had friends who didn't have money to adopt and so they created a fund raising page online. Worth a try? I'd love to know where you read about CO, so I could contact them and let them know to change the info :)....
You read that Colorado outlawed them?  How weird!  We don't have domestic partnerships here yet (almost there!) but we do have inheritance rights, second parent adoption, protection from discrimination in the workplace, protection from discrimination in public accommodations/housing, specific GLBT antibullying statutes and designated beneficiary rights.  Quite frankly CO was off my list of places to apply for jobs until the second parent adoption law passed a few years...
AHope, WAHOO!!!  I'm so so so happy for you on both counts!  Promise me you will eat a super big hot fudge sunday for me, okay?  And I'm so swiping that dinner recipe from you for when I am allowed to cook again - looks fabulous.  I hear you about the burbs.  While I actually don't like living in a city (it exhausts me and I hate noise) I like being near one precisely because of issues like these!  And $2500 - wow!  That is a lot.  Here looksl ike the going rate (not...
Aw, thanks Julie!  Here's the crazy thing, all the lawyers/law firms I was calling were GLBT or GLBT friendly and they still had no clue!  I did finally find one who knows exactly what she is doing, has a set fee for the adoptions (I've never heard of a lawyer charging by the hour for second parent adoptions), took the time to walk me through the entire process on the phone and even suggested that we can do it in Denver rather than Co Springs so we don't have to risk...