or Connect

Posts by Britishmum

Thanks everyone. I'm going to call the vet tomorrow. I was reluctant to take the dog in, as last time he collapsed in the surgery (the drive was too much for him), and I thought we'd end up leaving him there. At least now I have a clearer idea what to ask for. Today I bought him a rather stylish dog blanket (I did draw the line at the halloween costumes, and chose a plain red, not a pumpkin costume though.) I saw the heated beds, but can't see how I can use one of...
Ok, thanks ---- so here goes! I'll let you know how they turn out - I'm rather nervous as some of them are for our preschool arts sale, and I've never tie-dyed before. Biting nails......
Our 13 y/o samoyed has really aged this past few months, but this last week or so has been really tough for him and for us. I know that he hasn't much longer left, and that we will probably have to have him put down soon, but I want to try everything to make him more comfortable and extend his time as far as possible. I'm in need of ideas now in case I've missed anything. OK, he's old, arthritic (on anti-inflammatory medication) and somewhat senile. He used to come...
OK, so eventually I got my playsilks tie-dyed today. They are sitting nicely in plastic bags over the stove now. I have six of them ready to rinse out tomorrow afternoon. When it comes to throwing in the washing machine, do I put them all in together? They are all basically the same three colours, although some are only two colours not three. Or do I wash each one separately? I can't find the answer to this question on any websites, probably because it's rather a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sailor I've never asked for my money back. But, once, when I was 16 and a woman cut my hair, I thought it was so horrible that I started crying uncontrollably in the salon (teenage hormones - I thought it was the end of the world). Not only did they not make me pay for it, but they also gave me a gift certificate. So, crying uncontrollably in front of other customers is another option to try. I ranted in front of...
Quote: Originally Posted by mama2toomany the law is the law and we have those laws for a reason. I grew up on a farm, and recall the year that they made a new law, that dogs were not allowed to go with farmers to the market to deliver the produce, not even if they were kept in the cab of the truck while it was in the market. Now, our dog went everywhere at that time with my father. She simply didnt get left out the truck - if he went out on...
Quote: Originally Posted by alegna Sadly I do not feel comfortable posting there. -Angela PM'd you
Thanks!
Sorry, you posted about the ergo while I was replying. I sit on the bed, with all straps behind me, then sort of scoot ds up onto my back, leaning forwards. While he's lying there I flip up the arm straps. Once he is really, really well asleep, I get hold of the ends of the head straps, and sort of pull them around me and up over my shoulders. I lean well forward while I do it, to keep his head flopped into me. If his head is falling back, he wakes with the feel of the...
Im also a writer and have to work with my kids at home. I used to put ds in the ergo, walk around for a while doing chores until he fell asleep, then quietly sit down to work. Often he'd sleep on my back as I worked for an hour or two. Not the most comfortable position for me, but I managed to get a chair and computper position that worked. It also sounds ot me as if you're trying to get her to sleep before she's ready. Mine would never have been ready for a nap by...