or Connect

Posts by because why not?

Thank you all for your AWESOME posts and PMs! I submitted my essay this morning. I used a few posts from this thread, and a direct quote from one PM. My Prof is a real hard ass, but I think it was an A paper.
Because of this thread... She is now wiping herself, with my supervision. So far, so good!
I shop at the typical places for my girls. I'm sure some of it wouldn't fit your criteria, but a LOT of it would. Old Navy has ankle-length dresses right now. Some of them have straps, but you could pair these with little cardigans. Some of them have regular short sleeves. That zebra outfit was over the top. Honestly, you think you're going to find that at Baby Gap? Hannah is great and all, but the prices... ouch. Just check the sale racks at the mall; Gap is the...
Quote: Originally Posted by amma_mama I also vote for calling CPS - too many red flags. However, I do uinderstand the conerns about your own family's safety. I would check with the DMV whether inviduals can get your name from a license plate number. I know it could be done years ago, but I thought that changed. You could also get your plates replaced, perhaps claiming they were stolen so that the old ones would be voided (I usually would not suggest...
Quote: Originally Posted by LVale Or could it be I expected them to do it? Or should I say, that they were capable of doing it? Was there the mess at first, yes, but if you don't let them try it on their own, how will they ever learn? Yes, my daughter is capable. But she would still be making "messes" every so often, and this isn't syrup or cracker crumbs. It's feces. It isn't just disgusting, it's unsafe. Eventually she will do it, but I...
Quote: Originally Posted by ~Purity♥Lake~ I don't think the actual poop is cute. But I think it's adorable that little kids will walk around talking about their poop, and it makes me giggle when I hear the little sing-songy voice floating down the hall from the bathroom saying "Mooooooommy, I pooooooped, wipe my buuuuuuuutt!" It's cute! What can I say?
Quote: Originally Posted by julesdsm Thanks for all the responses . I think maybe we'll start teaching him how to do it, but it sounds like DH is right and it may still be a while before he's doing it on his own. The potential mess of it i think is what scares us the most. Also i can't help but picture him falling into the toilet while trying to reach his heini with one hand. I tried letting her wipe herself for a spell, and we had uh... an...
* I joked about throwing my daughter out the window at LEAST once a week when she was a baby. I also referred to her as an a**hole. As anyone who watched Sex & the City knows, Samantha had the same sentiment for Miranda's baby. IT WAS FUNNY. And I love my children. more than my own life a hundred times over. There was a FG episode where Quagmyre found a bound and gaged cheerleader in a bathroom stall... maybe it's been mentioned already, I didn't read the entire...
I agree. People tend to talk to children about their "inner voice" and describe concience as "that little voice in your head that tells you what to do." Right and wrong are depicted, in cartoons, as angels and devils on the shoulder who literally whisper commands in your ear. He may have just been expressing his sense of conflict in familiar terms. I'd definitely watch and listen, but I would be more worried, at this point, about scaring (scarring!) him.
Quote: Originally Posted by MusicianDad The Romans would be my guess. Vagina is Latin for "sheath" or "Scabbard". I will cook this crow over the heat of your white-hot sarcasm, and eat it over there in the corner. : I confused two parts of a drawn-out conversation of long ago re: the etimology of words like vagina and woman. "poursthegibletgravy: