or Connect

Posts by FairyRae

One of the most knowledgeable real-food bloggers I know, and a dear friend, is offering an AMAZING deal on a collection of phenomenal digital health resources. She originally inspired me to look to real, whole, traditional foods for healing, and totally changed my life. Seriously, this collection is amazing...Check it out!!! EXTREME digital "Health Library" bundle available for 10 days only! 53 digital products. Retail Value $835.32 - bundle package is priced at only...
One of the most knowledgeable real-food bloggers I know, and a dear friend, (whom you all may remember as WuWei) is offering an AMAZING deal on a collection of phenomenal digital health resources. She was perhaps THE most important resource in my own learning about how to heal my own and my son's health issues via food, and led me towards choosing a real food and primal/paleo way of eating. Seriously, it's amazing...Check it out!!!   EXTREME digital "Health Library"...
Thanks Emilie2.  I'm doing well tonight--although this has been a wild roller coaster ride--I am not typically a super emotional person, but I sure can't recall feeling ups and downs like this before.  Part of the journey I'm sure... :)  Glad to be here (among supportive MDC moms...not necessarily thrilled about being in the separation boat. ;)
Oh, and someone mentioned how Ani DiFranco had a homebirth--we had the same HB midwife!  :)  
"Both Hands" by Ani DiFranco--really really helpful to me tonight.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEU9T_6uNFc   I'm excited to have found this thread and this section on the mothering forums!  Very newly separated and feeling devastated at the moment so glad to see that MDC has a support forum that might help me through this!      
CM, sorry I've been MIA!  Since the switch to the new format I've been unable to post from my (old and crappy) home comp.  I will probably only be able to pop in occasionally to post at MDC, when I'm visiting my mom or someone else w/ a sweet newer comp.  :(  I'll be reading though!   Abmat--it is kind of freaky.  I googled it--it looks like something that goes under your back and slopes from a slight hump to a lower hump (bad description--sorry!)  I roll a pillow or...
Good luck w/ their rooms! And thanks for sharing the meal idea--sounds delish!! I did yard work at my parents house yesterday--raking LOTS of leaves and then dragging them on a tarp to a hill and dumping them down. I do this every year with them, and my parents are strong. This year I could not believe my endurance. I ended up doing part of it by myself b/c my mom needed a break (dad was leaf blowing.) I could have done more when ewe were done, and this is a task...
Quote: Originally Posted by suzukiaustin Can we make this thread the Extreme Recipe Edition? This will definitely be made again this year for the holidays, Seinfeld's Crab Bisque: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/canned-soup/ Ok, I'm still experimenting w/ seafood. (All I eat currently is salmon, basically--oh and anchovies in homemade caesar dressing.) Do you think this recipe would work ok w/ oysters?? Or would that really mess up...
Quote: Originally Posted by suzukiaustin So my announcement...I had my baby!!!!! Born November 6th at 2:42 a.m. Remember my weight gain issues (multiple gastrointestinal illnesses that kept me losing weight)? The baby was 7 pounds, 9 ounces!! My largest baby!! The other two were 6 lbs 12 oz on a SAD diet and 6 lbs even on a TF (grain free at the very end) diet. I was mostly paleo on this one (dairy in my 2nd trimester), I gained maybe 20 lbs and he...
Sprints yesterday, then 100 squats for time today. (That's all I felt like doing.) Maybe a bit of yoga later--I feel like I _need_ it... (mentally! )