or Connect

Posts by intrepidmother

Argh. I hate that! I've stopped talking about it and when it's brought up, I nod and smile, all the while thankful I've never put my baby through the trauma of CIO. 
Don't buy from this woman! I ordered back in june and never received my order! Nor is she answering phone or responding to e-mail. I doubt I'll receive money back or my product.    I heard they're amazing, but definitely not worth this headache.    Also- if you haven't got your product and it has been awhile, make sure you cancel with the credit card before it's too late to get your money back.   
Don't take it personally!  He's not doing this because he hates you or your son. I know that you know that, but do you KNOW that?  I have 2 kids. When other children hit/hurt/yell at my oldest (2 yr old) I take it personally. I project what I feel onto my kid. All toddlers go through rages and it sounds like this one hasn't had to share his space with another child.    Also- his mom (I'm sure) feels terrible about what her son is doing. You're judging their parenting...
Plug the nose! It worked like a charm for me... they really hate it...
My nephew was the same way... he hated the feeling of being suspended and poop dropping into the toilet made him nervous.  He didn't learn until he was 4.
I was going to say the same thing... we have a fan turned on all the time to dull the noises in the house.    When we first started to put DD to sleep in her "big girl bed", we nursed and rubbed her back until she fell asleep... after a little while, we told her we'd rub her back for a little bit and then check on her... I just wanted her to be relaxed before I left her at night.  If she was crying/tantruming there was no way she would fall asleep on her own.  Now- I...
I've had this happen, too... at night when DD was just learning to roll over.... It is the worst feeling in the world!  Needless-to-say, we got a bed rail and I learned my lesson.  BTW- DD is no worse for wear :)
Thanks for the replies!  i hate screaming and I hate losing my cool and I HATE knowing that it will happen again :)  I will take a look at that presentation when I have a moment... any tools and insight is helpful.  I feel like parenting brings out the best and worst in me.... but it is comforting that I'm not the only one!
I yelled at my DD today. I screamed at her to "shut up". I feel horrible and it was done during an epic tantrum while her brother was crying. She's sleeping now and, as always, I'm left to ponder how I could yell at her like that. Sigh. I've regretted my tone with her before and I'm always thankful for a new day where I can have a second chance. I've never yelled at her like I did an hour ago and I don't know how to make it right.... Ideas? Anyone?
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/technology/digital-culture/ivor-tossell/facebooks-photo-tagging-tweaks-rig-the-game-against-privacy/article2191666/   maybe not related to using pics of kids, but interesting none-the-less...