or Connect

Posts by blithespirit

I am so grateful for your honest and thoughful post and for (most of) the replies. We are human. We make mistakes. It's what we learn from them that counts. I really needed to read this today. Yesterday I jerked a kitchen utencil from my daughter when she wouldn't give it to me and she cut her finger. I cried for a very long time with her and it was aweful. I couldn't believe how I had hurt her and started really thinking about where she is and what I'm doing in...
Oh my gosh. Thanks so much everybody for your messages. I feel so much better now. I thought it was right for me and for my daughter but I wanted to be sure I wasn't being too loosey goosey. I too think the spread is huge. Thanks to all. Gonna keep doing what is good for my daughter and for me!
I have a 19 month old who is very free spirited, a little stubborn, sweet and gentle... My problem is that the gymnastics class we are taking is for ages 18 months-40 months. She is the youngest and I feel like the expectations for the class are not entirely age appropriate for her. I allow her to be a little free. By this I mean that as we wait for an activity, if she is getting very fussy and frustrated, I will let her go and do another activity (one which the...
I am eight weeks pregnant and am breastfeeding my 14 month old daughter. It has been a little painful but I'm a hypno-mom and have used my hypnosis to help with the pain. It works! I am not keen to wean my daughter and have been fearful that she might self wean because of the changes in my milk. I am a teacher and know that it is a good idea for my little one to be getting the best nutrition she can get -- mamas milk! There is no way that I will initiate weaning...
I was wondering if anyone would have suggestions about washing the funnel and bottles at work. It sounds really stupid but I'm a teacher and it is going to be difficult for me to wash the pumping supplies each time I pump. One option I am thinking of is having enough pumping supplies to pump three times during the day and just take it all home at the end of the day to watch it? Besides the cost of having all those pumping supplies, does anyone foresee issues with that...
This is terrible but along with the frumpy clothes I'm wearing because I am still wearing maternity clothes 9 months after baby I have not had a waxing or a hair cut for months. When I took my daughter with me last time she cried so hard that I decided I can't take her again. And DH gets off work too late to go with... I've got to get to it! We've got to take care of ourselves, ladies! I'm going to make an appointment on Monday and I'm going to have someone go with! ...
(sorry so long... many posts since I last logged in!) Insurance is a HUGE issue. It costs us about $12000 a year to insure privately. Of course teachers get health benefits. I make a third of what my DH makes. Teachers earn really good money in the state in which I teach. So salardy is also an issue. We are not living on a very tight budget but if I work, it will help. We do not have any savings right now so that is a huge worry on my husband's mind. We have...
We co-sleep with our 8 month old and have not wrapped out mattress. I'm looking at this one: http://www.yourguidetogreen.com/stor...prod_1768.html I think it would be easier to use this one since it is a King and I can't imagine wrapping a bed that big. Have any of you heard of this product? Thanks!
Coming from a pedagogical perspective the power of using a name is very important. When you use a child's name they learn something much more quickly than if their name is not used. It is very important for teachers, for instance to say a child's name repeatedly while teaching them. This applies to children as well but I think it would be fine to say, "Susie, it is time that you put your toys away now." Maybe it is the power of personalization pushing some to say...
Things came to blow last night. I printed out some information for my DH's to share with his parents when they started complaining that I'm not feeding the baby enough solids and not weening her yet my husband confronted them. It was only the second time my adult husband (we are in our 30's) has done this in his life and he did a pretty good job considering. Well, his mom kept walking away from him and coming to talk to "her baby" -- my daughter. I told mother-in-law...