or Connect

Posts by blithespirit

I have decided that not matter what I say, my mother-in-law is going to contradict me. I think that it is huge cultural issue. I think that it is a control issue and I have decided that my daughter will not be in the care of this grandma. It is too important an issue and I'm sure other issues will come up. We are making other arrangements for our daughter. Thanks to all of you for your views and opinions. They just solidified my resolve to make other arrangements...
Oh, thanks. Sorry. I live in the US. My Inlaws are Chinese immigrants. I tried to tell them that the pediatrician told us it was good for the baby but apparently she doesn't like our pediatrician now. I am going to have to convince her or I have decided I will not leave my daughter with her. Period. I really want my daughter to have a good relationship with her grandparents but her health and well-being come first.
We came up with a good compromise. We talked and I pushed and pushed. He let me in on the nitty gritty and now I understand that it is a financial need, not just security that is driving his desire for me to return to to work. Basically me being a SAHM is a huge financial burdon right now and I will help my family by returning to work. I can do it and we will find a way to share the work at home. Before, my DH was framing it as going back so we can pay off some of...
Unfortanately I have great inlaws who are not great about this issue and I'm very distraught. Distraught because when my little one is 14 months old I will have to leave her with my inlaws part of the time for daycare. Problem is my inlaws do not think that it is healthy to breastfeed after one year old. I'm at a total loss. I printed out information from Kellymom.com and a couple other sources and they seem to just think it is non-sense and that they know better. ...
Thanks to all of you. I went to my husband and addressed the milk issue, which is the most important issue of all. We are going to try to educate his mother and if she does not buy in, she will not be taking care of my daughter. My mom will take her full time. Of course we will not let my inlaws know this is the contingency b/c I don't want them to pretend to buy our philosophy. As for the annoying control issues... I think I don't have any solution except I'll be...
Thank you all for your helpful reminders about communication. I guess we all know these things but when emotions run high... I melt like butter. I feel like a spoiled brat. I'll survive. School will get the short end of the stick but while I am at work I will give 100% of my heart as I always have. Those kids deserve that. As for the work required... I will find a way to do it. We all do, right? Thanks again, everyone.
Quote: Originally Posted by alegna It sounds like you guys have a lot of talking to do before ANY decisions are made- especially bringing another child in to such a relationship. -Angela Oooo. OUCH. I really would love to delete this thread. I didn't mean it to sound this terrible and stupid. I'm just really very tired and should not be on-line this late. "Such a relationship" We really do have a good relationship. This is just...
I am having a really hard time right now with this issue as I would like to continue to stay at home and my husband would like me to return to work. I have begged him to let me work part time or to let me try some at home enterprise but he is so afraid with this economy that he wants me to return to work. I have been on a year leave from my job as a teacher. I have a continuing contract and he doesn't want me to forego this security. Nevermind that his business is...
Don't think this is German but I like "Liam" and it would be pronounced the same in both countries. I think that is an important thing since the vowels are pronounced so differently. I also like Sven. There are so many great boy names. I think many more boy names than girl names are fabulous in German. I think the opposite of English names. So many great girl names and so few boy names! Hm...
My inlaws are wonderful. I love them very much. And they are driving me over the edge. I have been a stay at home mom for this first year. My inlaws are constantly asking my husband why we are not getting a new house, why we don't have more money in savings... all to drive home their desire for me to return to work. They want to take care of my baby and they want me at work. I resent it very much. My inlaws also insist that I need to ween my baby from...