or Connect

Posts by writteninkursive

Yep! Been there, done that - a thousand times! We have DD (4 1/2), DD (almost 3), and DS (12 mos) and are planning for our fourth and final baby, hopefully who will be conceived in November. We go back and forth - when I am excited, DH is not at all. When he is excited, I'm like "noooo way". When I feel like that, I think about the future and our large family and how great it will be to be surrounded by our children/grandchildren when we are older. Babyhood is such...
I'd just wait it out and see if the next few periods are as bad. If so, check with your midwife/ob/gp/whatever you use. It takes mine a looong time to regulate after a birth. Never had the nausea issue, but the heavy bleeding is something I'm definitely familiar with!
Thanks Jenn. I've been spotting for 4-5 days. I initially thought it could be from DTD, but we weren't DTDing during that time. :/ I'm so confused and really hopeful that I'm NOT going to end up being pregnant. DH says "I didn't cum that much!" lol.
I knew I would ovulate on DH's birthday. I told him that for the last month. We do NOT want to get pregnant right now. We're in the middle of moving, I'm starting a new job, our son just turned one year old a couple of days ago. NOT YET. DH had a lot to drink last night celebrating his birthday. Early early in the morning, we DTD. We don't have any condoms (we gave them all to DH's teenaged twin brothers who clearly need them more than we do!), not that DH would...
I need help. My 10-month-old son is completely unvaxxed (although my two older daughters are partially vaxxed). He is starting to show signs that he may have contracted Pertussis. He has the super runny nose, low-grade fever, really bad hoarseness, and is really lethargic and just not very active at all. About a week ago, my daughters complained of having sore throats, but are fine now (youngest daughter has had 3 DTaPs and oldest had 4 before she had a very nasty...
Yes! My first thought was definitely trauma during childhood! And PTSD... Therapy, I think, would help you a lot. If for whatever reason you don't want to or can't do professional therapy, get your hands on some child abuse books (often reading about a topic will trigger repressed memories), write (using stream of thought pattern, in which you just write without thinking), use creativity to get all of that OUT of you! Meditate if you can. Visualize. There are...
How we were parented often manifests in our parenting. My parents were yellers. I am a yeller. I am so critically aware of it, but my temper gets the best of me sometimes. To be very honest, I use a "medication" (that most don't consider medication) to help me relax and really listen to whatever it is that my kids are saying and doing that is making me so mad. That "medication" is marijuana. I don't sit around all day and smoke joints, no, nothing like that. But on...
No, no, no, no, no! Do NOT let your son go with them this weekend! Omg... one mistake they make and it could cost your son's life! Especially if they are driving him somewhere and they are drunk! Trust your instincts, Mama. I know it's hard to get that backbone against your parents (I am working on it myself), but your son's safety depends on it! You had issues from how they treated you, and your son will too. Trust the instincts, above all!
A lot of the work from home "jobs" are scams. It's been disheartening. Two things you can do that are legitimate are... Sell stuff on Ebay. Sell your kids' clothes, things you have laying around, books, anything. Or buy things on sale (OldNavy has serious sales at the change of each season), then sell them on Ebay marked up slightly from sale price. You can buy stuff anywhere you can find it cheap and remarket it on Ebay. Or babysit. I know, I know. This is...
I don't know how you would assess that risk, but keep your eyes open for the symptoms in your two children: headaches, extreme fatigue, seizure-like episodes, stopping eating and drinking, neck pain, confusion, etc. I would also check with the girl's family to see how she is and what kind of meningitis she has, if she was vaccinated for it (kids who are vaccinated tend to get atypical strands of disease that an unvaccinated child wouldn't get), etc. And keep in...