or Connect

Posts by writteninkursive

I have to add to this thread my fiance's circumcision story. He was born in 1982, the oldest of 4 boys (who are unbelievably all circumcised! The circumcision only removed part of the foreskin and left a chunk intact, which remained attached to his penis for 12 years. (His parents apparently didn't think anything was wrong with it). Up until he was 12, he was plagued with constant itching of the head of his penis, and consequently, rubbed it for years until finally...
Ugh, that's so annoying when people call circumsized penises normal! A circumsized penis is SCARRED! And more disappointing is that it's your own mother with such an attitude about her own grandson. I know my mom will react similarly if we have a boy in August, so we're just... not telling her. We're also not telling her about our planned VBA2C with a midwife and a doula, since she thinks surgeons are the end-all, be-all and we should just go with the mainstream. ...
I have one almost-fully vax'ed 3-year-old and a halfway-vax'ed 17 month old (and what will be a completely unvax'ed baby in August). My oldest one doesn't really get sick. She gets colds, but is a very strong little girl and illnesses seem to manifest more in tiredness and sniffles. My youngest gets EVERYTHING, and she gets high fevers when she's sick. She's always been more prone to getting sick. When she got her first vaccine, she had horrible wheezing episodes (as...
While there were definitely flaws in Wakefield's approach and study, it makes me sad that he's being categorized with OFFIT! UGGGGhhhhhh! He still is a key player in the autism-vaccine link! He's joined forces with some big names in the fight and has done a lot to help, regardless of the controversy over his work. Check out "Evidence of Harm" by David Kirby for details on what he's done and is doing to help!
That's scary! I live in Ohio and my kids get health care through Medicaid. When I have to reapply them, they just ask "Are your child's immunizations up to date?" and I just answer yes. They don't have the manpower or resources here to track down each pediatrician (or holistic doctor, who my kids now see) and find out who and what and when is vaccinating whom. Think of all the parents who stagger the vaccine schedule. I don't think Medicaid (which is grossly...
Oh, I would definitely expose my kid to chicken pox (if I hadn't been ignorant and vaccinated the first two) now while he's little! It's just like a week of itching and some mild fever. I don't think you have much to worry about! I had chicken pox when I was 5 (which I thought was fun because my mom connected the dots with a marker and took pictures), and at 24, I developed shingles. The shingles was NOT nearly as bad as everyone says. I guess old people get...
Quote: Originally Posted by texasAPmom My ped. had the gall to tell me that of all vaccines, Polio is one of the MOST important ones. Haha! That cracks me up. My kids' old ped. was very similar. Actualllly... only .4% of the polio cases in the U.S. were paralytic polio. The other 99.6% manifested as a cough or cold symptoms for about 4 days before clearing up completely on it's own. Only after the establishment freaked out and went in...
I am having a VBA2C in August, and I live in NE Ohio. After much adventures at numerous practices, I've found the Wadsworth-Rittman Women's Center that allows VBA2C. There are two midwives - Sue Hudson and Julie something (I'm using Sue) who do the deliveries. They deliver at Akron General or Wadsworth or Akron City Hospitals. Hopefully your friend finds what she's looking for! Believe me, it is a STRETCH in this area!
After spending the last two years barely enduring the crap that goes on at Babycenter, I am so incredibly pleased to discover a forum of intelligent, natural, informed mommies who don't just accept everything that the establishment tells them! Unspeakably exciting! I'm not really sure how this place works. I saw the tribes and all that. Do I need to join a tribe? Thanks in advance! Looking forward to meeting you incredible ladies! :