or Connect

Posts by writteninkursive

I KNOW!!! I am right there with ya, Mama! I have a friend from high school who was induced at 39 weeks just a couple weeks ago. I kept saying "As a first time mom, you have a 1 in 3 chance of c-section if you are induced!!!" and all her friends I don't know would get on there and be all "Don't let anyone tell you what to do for your baby! You know your body best!". So I PMed her and told her that it really increases the risk. (They told her the baby was "too big"...
Your story made me cry. I look forward to the day!!! Congratulations x a million!
Babycatcher, YES! I did see that and used it in an argument in favor of VBA3C. I'm not "of size", but I'll definitely check that out, Storm! Thanks!
I'm just really excited! I love the cloth diapers and they are sooo much easier than I thought! I only regret that it's taken me three babies to finally switch! http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k3...t=june2001.jpg
I didn't read all the previous posts here, but wanted to say that we tried a backpack leash for DD1 when she was about 2 and would go crazy and run off in the grocery store. People looked at us like we were so horrible, and I felt awful. DD would just get a running start and then run as fast as she could and fall down when she hit as far as the leash would go. Then we were like half-dragging her, so we stopped using it. Instead we confined her to the cart (where she...
Thanks ladies. I have always had an adhesive allergy. When I had my babies, they always use tape to keep IVs and catheters in place and I always break out in a horrible itchy rash. After last baby was born, I had it all over from the tape. I'm almost 100% certain it's the pads. I mean the initial rash (which I still have) is the exact shape of a pad. I did let Kotex know (no, the Kotex parent company is Kimberly-Clark. Pampers is Procter & Gamble). They said...
Before you do anything with a doctor, I would get ketone test strips. You can buy them at Walgreens or CVS or whatever drug store you have. Just a little vial of like 40 of them for $10. Dip it in his pee and it will tell you if he has ketones in his urine. If he doesn't, than it isn't likely to be a blood sugar issue. We suspected my 2-yo DD had diabetes (because she started drinking like crazy and waking up freaking out at night demanding water), and the ketones...
Nope, no IUD (I have never in my life used any kind of birth control other than condoms). I haven't changed anything. Here's exactly how this came about, so I'm pretty sure it's the pads... I was bleeding tons and tons and had to go to school for my last day of class last Wednesday. It was the peak of the bleeding, and I put on three pads on top of each other and a super tampon. After 45 minutes of class, I slipped out to the bathroom and just ripped the top pad...
The diapers are Ebay Chinese brand, lol... I wanted to start off cheap. Here's what it looks like: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT I used to change diapers every hour or two, but this is baby #3 and we're not so OCD about it anymore. His get changed when they feel full or he poops. (He never has had diaper rash, so we don't worry about that). So I need about 5-6 diapers to get through a day for him then, right? (He's 9 months old)....
Thanks Damona, for the rash bath tip. (Also I LOVE LOVE LOVE your quote - Little Earthquakes is sooo amazing!) This is 8 days into the bleeding/rash problem and now I have hives ALL OVER my body. I woke up with scratches all over my chest, neck, armpits, earlobes even from scratching my sleep. My throat feels tight and I'm clearly (still) having an allergic reaction that is spreading. Sigh. Back on the Benadryl. Misery.