or Connect

Posts by writteninkursive

I'm so sorry for your loss.
Wow. I mean, WOW. Really wow. You have done so well for yourself! Congratulations on every single roadblock you've overcome, and definitely congratulations on that new baby you're making! I have a theory that may sound pretty crazy to a lot of people. I always considered that my lesson in this lifetime was "strength" (so much so that I got a strength symbol tattooed on my body), based on what I consider the crappy/abusive childhood I had. As I grew into an...
Yeah. They don't. (Read David Kirby's 'Evidence of Harm' for more on studies for and against vaccines - really informative, if you haven't gotten your hands on it yet). The thing with ALL studies, is that any study can be skewed in any direction. It is so very very rare (and I would argue impossible) to have a truly independent study performed without any sort of bias, especially not a study on an insurance company (cough), which you know right off the bat is...
"I wouldn't be cool with my husband "making it clear that I am not to" do anything - but that's just me." Why the heck can't you be "confrontational" when your DP's family so clearly is? That's a pretty unfair advantage they have over you! Like eclipse said, if he isn't willing to handle it firmly, you have every right to defend your decision to continue breastfeeding your child! Maybe it's time for a revision on the "rules" of how to handle your DP's family!
I wish I knew, but I really don't have any idea. Just here to express support and hope things improve and you figure out your little man's problem. Sounds scary!
Hi! I'm alive! Whew. The bleeding came to a sudden halt yesterday after just gushing for 5 days. My god, that was insane. Yes, I completely stopped using tampons or pads after the rash developed and just slept and sat on a thick towel. The rash is still alive and well. It has boils on it now, and is clearly an allergic reaction to the pads (stupid Kotex U with their "new formula" of super chemicals). The rash is really thick and leathery-feeling, and is...
I get diarrhea A LOT. For years I had no idea why. But it was EXACTLY as you describe - like pooping liquid. Turns out I have a sensitivity to dairy and a lot of other foods. I didn't used to have these problems. Somewhere between age 18 - 22, this started happening. Drink tons of water. Watch the constipating foods that were mentioned above because when I try that, I end up with HORRIBLE constipation in between horrible bouts of diarrhea. Probiotics CAN...
My DD had the exact same thing happen when she had just turned 2 years old. We couldn't figure out why - her older sister doesn't eat any meat and has HIGH iron levels, and this one eats tons of meat and has low iron! The mainstream ped we were using at the time got all in a tizzy over it and freaked us out. So I started digging, researching, and family history and found that my mom has a near identical health history as my DD is having. She always had low iron and...
I would go get him and check it out yourself. If your parents are anything like mine, they exaggerate everything and what could be nothing quickly turns into something! I would suspect the disposable diapers before a UTI. UTIs in baby boys are really uncommon, according to some studies I've read (in defense against circumcision ). A lot of the new disposable diapers have recently changed their formula (like Pampers DryMax, as one example) to make them thinner and...
Well, I am here and the bleeding is still occurring, but less rapidly. DH is taking wonderful care of me, bringing me food and keeping me hydrated. Now I have another huge problem, possibly related... maybe not? At the hospital, just before the doctor (finally) came in and did the pelvic exam, I noticed a rash all over my pubic area. Like a raised, red area of skin that itched. I assumed it was from the pads, because I'd been wearing so many. Now that I am...