or Connect

Posts by AtYourCervices

DDCC   When my brother was born my mother shared a room with another new mom who couldn't figure out what to name her little girl. She asked my mother what she named my brother, and then she used the feminine version of the same name. My brother's name is Daniel Joseph. There's a girl in the same city, born on the same day, named "Danielle Josephine".   I gave my first daughter a unique, meaningful name (Christiana Faith). When I took her to the pediatrician's...
  The tests for Lyme Disease are highly inaccurate, especially if you have a case that's gone untreated for a long time.. There's a huge controversy regarding the proper treatment for long  term Lyme Disease, too, so even if he does have that you may have difficulty finding somebody who would treat it properly (IV antibiotics for at least a few months).   I'd suggest you look up the symptoms of Lyme Disease, and if his symptoms match up, try to find a Lyme Literate...
Bah. It was too cloudy.   DD2 went to bed early yesterday, and she woke up as the eclipse was starting. We sat out on the balcony, watching the moon. Then the clouds rolled in. DD2 was so disappointed. She had a muffin and hot cocoa then we sat at the computer watching the NASA video and looking up information on lunar eclipses, the winter solstice, and traditions from around the world. Then we ran outside and shook quarters at the moon that we couldn't see. DD2 was...
Besides the tiredness is he having other symptoms? Is he achey?   Two thoughts came to mind: Mono or Lyme Disease   You have a dog, which could bring in ticks from a walk. Lyme Disease causes tiredness & depression. Also, Lyme Disease can mimic ADD.   Good luck!
If we can get a good view I'll be taking some pictures of the lunar eclipse tonight. Anybody else? Post pics if you got 'em!
My almost 10 y/o DD went to bed early this evening so she can wake up and catch the lunar eclipse.
DD1 & DS live with my ex husband 800 miles away (as you recall).   DD2 lives with my husband and I, along with DD3.   ExDH talks with DD2 daily, though he  hasn't seen her since October, when we moved.   ExDH's mother has no contact with the children. She skipped town years ago and doesn't contact her own children. ExDH's father, ex stepfather (the man who raised him) & current stepfather have no contact with the children. ExDH's fiance's parents are...
That's what I figured I'd do. Best to avoid drama over it.
Background: My husband and I have been together for about 5 years. We have a 3 y/o (almost 4 y/o) daughter together. We also have DD2 living with us. DD2 is 9 y/o, almost 10.   A package from my MIL arrived  today. In it was a bunch of presents for the girls. She also included a photo frame she wanted us to put a picture of 3 y/o DD in. The photo frame says "Grandchildren   sharing moments, sharing love". It's one of those frames where it can record voices. MIL...
I'd probably use the space for a quiet area for the kids. I'd lay down a large square pet bed, and use curtains for privacy. I'd place a basket of quiet toys, stuffed toys, books, etc. I'd find a different area for storage space, the computer, sewing, etc.