or Connect

Posts by AtYourCervices

This is what I want to believe happened. I don't want to believe my best friend used me. 
Wow! The hutch from The Crafting Chicks website is the exact same one that I'm redoing! I like  that she used fabric on the inside, and I think I'm going to do that. I also like the idea of glazing it to help the details pop. The red color, as seen on my screen, seems a bit too bright for me. Tonight I'm going to go to the store, pick out some fabric, then go get some primer, paint & glaze that I think would go with it.
So, here's a bit of an update:   Apparently, Bridezilla is now trying to start rumors about me and those around me. I think it's a preemptive strike on her part because she knows she's going to look bad if I tell people what she did to me. So, one of our mutual friends got ahold of me this morning to let me know what she was saying. She claimed I was covered in bruises and my husband is beating me. No, I didn't have any bruises on me, and no, my husband is not...
I've calmed down a bit since this initially happened, but I could really use an outsiders perspective on this:   I was supposed to be the Matron of Honor in a wedding that took place yesterday. I've been best friends with the bride for over two years (close friends longer). She was my "Maid of Honor" when I got married last year. When the groom told me he wanted to propose to my friend, he didn't have the money for an engagement ring, so I bought her engagement ring...
Don't have access to any valium for the trip out. 
No, I'm not scared of flying (I actually booked a window seat). I'm scared of security. I'm scared I'll be selected for additional screening. I'm scared I might be on a do not fly list (long story, basically I had a very brief relationship in 2001 with somebody who I discovered would most definitely be on the do not fly list). I have a severe phobia of authorities. I'm scared of the body scans. I'm scared of the pat downs. I'm scared of the crowds. I'm afraid I'm going...
Limette, I'm so glad I got a response from you! I love visiting your blog.    I tend to prefer autumn colors. The living room has a lot of browns, deep reds, yellows, oranges, tan, etc. The dining room is visible from the living room, through a large open doorway.   The dining room will actually be turned into a kids art/playroom. I've noticed the kids furniture I like tends to be espresso, but I'm worried that a large piece in espresso would be too heavy. I'm...
  I'm working on fixing up this china cabinet. There were a lot of scrapes in the wood, so I've had to sand it down a lot. Now I'm trying to figure out what color to paint it. We'll be buying new furniture for the dining room, so there isn't a pre-existing decor to go by. However, the walls are cream, the molding is white, the floors are bamboo, and the lighting is a silver color with white frosted glass. I do plan on getting new silver type hardware, to match the...
"I'll leave the circumcision decision up to my husband... after all, he's the one with the penis."  Thankfully, our first child was a girl.    "If they're old enough to say 'Please, mother, may I have some milk from your breasts?' they're too old to nurse." My daughter is turning 4 in a couple months and she's still nursing. 
Oh, dear, I'm going to sound spoiled. Well, keep in mind my birthday and Christmas are both close together, and I had to make a lot of suggestions. I don't like to give people only one idea as to what I'd like. Well, here goes:   1. Dremel (I know I'm going to get this) 2. A new laptop (I know I'm going to get this) 3. A high quality digital camera & photograph printer (along with frames and matting) 4. This hat 5. Painting/crafting supplies