or Connect

Posts by AtYourCervices

I don't remember how many I did before, but last week I made 15 record bowls (painted several of them):       I also made a couple more clocks out of records, more records bowls, and a sketch pad cover out of a record:       And this is my favorite... I made a welcome mat for my husband's office! "There's no place like ::1" (hardcore computer geeks might get this):  
Do you have gas burners? Is the pilot out, perchance? 
Got up, fed DD breakfast. DD & I went to the clubhouse and made myself an iced coffee. Met up with my friend and went over plans for the art/craft sale/show/share Gathered wood with my DD & friend Helped friend prepare the wood at her place (cut it, dried it out, brushed it off, waxed it, etc) Dropped off some of the prepared wood at the clubhouse Took DD home for bathroom break, clothing change Made lunch (blueberry wheat pancakes & turkey bacon) Took DD...
It sounds to me like he thinks you're a Yoko Ono. He won't take anything you say seriously, and he won't listen or particularly care about anything your husband has to say about your family life. To him, you are a potential problem that could interfere with his dreams of being a musician. Trust me, I was married to a "musician". The majority of his band mates were quite similar to this.    Guys in a band stereotype the wives of their bandmates as interfering...
I would have been tempted to have my 4 y/o latch on. Now THAT would make people talk (my DD's the size of the average 6 y/o).   Honestly, though, depending on how open the woman seemed, I might have struck up a conversation with her. That way, she's distracted from others' comments and stares, and people walking by wouldn't feel as free to openly show their displeasure.
I got off to a slow start this morning. We slept in.    We woke up, had cereal for breakfast/lunch, then hopped in the tub. Got dressed, and saw I had a text from one of my neighbors (M) asking if I was interested in his wife's boots. I don't wear that size, but I know another neighbor (L) who would be interested in them (knee high leather boots w/ a treaded heel & buckles). I threw a load in the wash, I headed outside and ran into that neighbor out on his porch....
We haven't fed the birds yet, but it's obvious everybody else has. They're quite friendly, waddling up to us. That kind of domesticated behavior in birds creeps me out for some reason, though. There's a pair of white ducks (both males) that live about 100 feet from my home (we live on a lake). Then there's a gaggle of geese that hang out around the lake. When we walk on the path, we always have to sidestep around a goose or two. Sometimes I find them waddling between the...