or Connect

Posts by moonmom08

I agree with above...AP seems to manifest itself differently with each child's personality. If your DD can fall asleep alone, you may just want to allow her to do that. Maybe still have an intimate routine before naps and bedtime (book, song, cuddle and kiss) and then just lay her down. I may be wrong, so totally disregard the following if so, but I feel as though you may be wondering if she doesn't need you to fall asleep because she is not attached. Or, if she...
I left DD once for 24 hours when she was 10 months and still co-sleeping and nursing (I was a SAHM with her at the time). Prior, she was accustomed to taking the occasional bottle of EBM from DH, but not during the night. But she did take the bottle at night, slept with just DH, and otherwise did fine while I was away (was I maybe a little insulted? Yes! ). But, thinking back, I am fairly certain I knew she would be fine beforehand, just judging by her personality. I...
I wanted to reiterate this link, SO fantastic and an oft-overlooked issue in modern APing. http://www.hobomama.com/2009/03/pare...need-more.html My DH and I did an overnight away from my DD when she was 15 months. My sister (who actually lived with us and DD for the first 11 months of her life) and my mom stayed with DD. She was no longer BF very often and was fine being put to bed and co-sleeping with with them. I did a solo overnight away when DD was maybe 10...
Quote: Originally Posted by mommariffic PM's are cleared out! And, we live in Weehawken so we go into Manhattan! Now it's getting colder it's a bummer, but we still trek in. Today we went to the Christmas markets at Union Square and now we are home vegging out because it was an EXHAUSTING day...so yeah, to answer the question we totally do New York - I love the children's museums and the parks, oh boy. Sigh...I miss NYC!
Quote: Originally Posted by Dreamy I picked up a Conair sound machine for about $20. It has lots of different sounds (we like the ocean waves) and runs until you shut it off. DS loves it, he even turns it on himself when it's bedtime I think mine is Conair as well. You can just let it run, or set it on a timer. The rain setting is fantastic, as is "summer night."
I've pumped in the car as well as in a bathroom stall (at train station) with a hand pump. Not pretty, but worked fine in a pinch.
Quote: Originally Posted by Sancta We ended up getting these for our determined "electrician": http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/...oductId=399762 They are definitely bulkier but they work, and are great for things that are plugged it (he was always unplugging things). Ah, I came here looking for something like this...outlets are the bane of my existence right now! Thanks!
At least 4 months here, I think. Might have been longer. ETA: And when we did DTD, it was defo more for DH than me! I probably could have gone longer
Quote: Originally Posted by LVale I am probably going to get into trouble or flamed or d**** to heck for this, but why do parents keep reading these new age parents books? Every single one of them is going to tell you that you are doing something wrong. It is like following a checklist. Then when you find out the so called experts say oh don't say this or that, and they say you are wrong, you feel guilty, and your parenting comes into question. Why...
Quote: Originally Posted by alegna That definitely happens if you criss cross the straps in front, but I find that much less comfortable. I always use it backpack style. -Angela I agree, I have a Babyhawk for my 23-lb toddler and I have not yet seen the limits of its comfort for a back carry. I also use backpack style, but I have a friend whose shoulders are sloped or narrow or something and the backpack style doesn't work very securely for...