or Connect

Posts by Hilarigh

I carried my twins to 40 weeks and baby A, DD, was breech pretty much the whole time so I had a c/s. I had built it up to be this horrible thing. I read so much about immediate imprinting and was worried about not being able to fully bond with the kids etc etc. But when Aurora wasn't going to turn it around that didn't leave a whole lot of room for negotiation. Turns out my c/s was a breeze and my recover was easy. My doc was fantastic, the kids stayed with us in the...
So glad I read this. I hadn't heard of undercover mama either but have been looking for nursing tops too. The undercover mama might be just what I was looking for.
My ped suggested Tri-Vi-Sol baby vitamins for my EBF twins but I don't like that it has both artificial flavors and colors in it. I asked him if I found something comparable w/o that stuff in it if that would work and he said yes. I bought Maxi Baby Care baby vitamins at Whole Foods and wanted to see if anyone here has tried it and how your LOs liked it. I'm also curious about dosage for my 6-week, 9ish lb twins. The bottle says to give 1/2 tsp. to children under...
...team pink and blue. I haven't had a chance to post before now but the babies were born on april 22. I was able to carry them to 40 weeks and Aurora weighed in at 6lb7oz and Harrison was 6lb even. I never went into labor and I don't know how long they would have hung out in here if it was left up to them, but my OB was not keen on "letting" me cook them past 40 weeks. They were born via c-section bc Aurora, baby A, was ass first and not about to turn it around. Their...
I'm still here and still gestating. I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow. We'll see the OB tomorrow and schedule the c-section for our 40-week due date, 4/22. If the kids hold out that long it'll be nice to have their birthday on Earth Day and if they jump out sooner, it'll be nice not to be pg anymore. I'm also going to ask for the hospital lactation consultant's 411 when I see the OB tomorrow too just so I can have a chance to make contact and give her a heads up that we will be...
GoodUserNamesTaken - I'm sorry your experience was so sucky. But thank you for sharing your story bc that's the kind of info I'm looking for. So far I've been handling this pg like a champ, if I do say so myself. Tomorrow I'll be 39 weeks and would love to be able to push these kids out when it's time but after all of my attempts to turn baby A around, the kid has decided he/she is calling the shots. I've never had surgery so I don't know how well or not well I will...
I'm most likely delivering via c-section...no matter what I've tried, baby A just doesn't want to turn it around. Some people have told us to definitely send the kids to the nursery so we can sleep and some say keeping the babies in the room with us is best. I want to exclusively breast feed and am concerned that it might just be easier for a well-meaning nurse to give a kid a bottle in the middle of the night as opposed to bringing them to me to nurse in the middle of the...
Thansk so much for the responses everyone. I feel better about potentially having to plan our section and not experiencing labor. I had another NST today and still am not having contractions. I can easily see these kids staying inside for the next week and a half. I'll remember to bring my giant twin nursing pillow w me to the hospital and make sure I get a lactation consultant to visit us as soon as possible.
I am 38w3d pg with my twins and will likely have a c-section bc baby A prefers the ass-first presentation. I was really upset about not pushing these kids out but have made my peace with the fact that I won't experience childbirth the way I had wanted. My OB is comfortable with letting me spontaneously go into labor up until I hit 40 weeks but wants to schedule my c-section for my 40-week due date. At first I thought there was no way I'd make it to 40 weeks but I have...
congratulations on your healthy baby girls!!