or Connect

Posts by llwr

We use them.  I have a fast flow and lots of milk and sometimes mine just want to suck but don't want to eat.  My 2nd never took one, but my first and third have shown definite preferences -- sometimes they want to nurse, sometimes they want a paci.  I see them as age-appropriate for babies.  It's something that gives her a lot of comfort.  I think even mainstream parents have pretty strong views about them sometimes. 
What would this look like?  I'm in desperate need of something to control artwork.  I'm looking for a workstation type of place; the problem is supplies and putting away more than the finished projects.  They ended up with a lot of new supplies over Christmas.  With no place to put them, they've just gotten thrown all over the floor.  They also usually work all over the floor.  Our "hard floor" that's good for drawing is in the entry, dining room, and kitchen.  So they end...
My m/w compared the site where the placenta attached to a scab that would tear open a bit (thus the new blood) when you did too much.  I had off and on again spotting with my last babe (my 3rd) for about 8 weeks. 
We did:   Ramona   Charlottes Web   Magic Tree House (except DD thought it was scary)   Some of the Little House books   I'm looking forward to some of the other suggestions.
I personally think that the 4 month sleep regression is the hardest part of the whole first year.  Their sleep cycles change and they're more aware of their surroundings, and it all just falls apart.    Other typical regressions are 8-9 months (this coincided with pulling up for us) and when they switch from two naps to one (about 12 mos for us).   Baby-wearing for naps helped us a lot at this time.  Is your crib sidecarred?  It would be easier to deal with nightwakes...
The title says it all...  My kids are 6.5, 4 and 4mo.  My older ones should be able to pick up after themselves most of the time, but they hardly ever do.  I haven't figured out how to make it happen in a way that helps us connect.  Usually it feels like lots of nagging, whining, complaining, threatening..... generally not good things.  My husband is barely better.  I'm getting resentful about feeling like the little magic clean-up fairy.  I do realize that as a mother,...
I've been thinking about this too.  Thanks for the post.
Becky was on call when I was in labor.  You do just get who ever is on call, but they're all great.  My last labor (and this too) was very fast, so she actually left right after I phoned her and arrived at the hospital as soon as I did.  She was there the minute I stepped into the triage room.   My biggest disclaimer is that I didn't get to actually utilize their help that much.  But the 15 minutes that she helped me during labor was still totally different than my last 15...
The midwives at Carepoint Gahanna are really great.  They do deliver at OSU, but you get really great, low-intervention and make your own choices care.  If you decide not to do homebirth for whatever reason, please check them out.  They are incredible.
The midwives at Carepoint Gahanna are awesome.   I saw them at the previous location as well, so I've been with one of them for about 5 years now.  They come to the hospital as soon as you're admitted and stay the whole time you're in labor.  They're the only group in the area that offers waterbirth at the hospital.  Their standard care is low-intervention.   I didn't love delivering at OSU, but it was well worth it to be with them.   I really can't say enough good about...