or Connect

Posts by llwr

I haven't used a moby.  I'm loving my ktan.  I'm willing to trade adjustability for ease of use.  I already have an ergo, so I was just looking for something better for little ones and easy to pop in and out.  I would think you'd need to lose a significant amount of weight to need a new size.  I've used mine daily from day 4 to almost 3 months now. 
PP, A scarf is a great idea!   I don't NIP much, but I've come to appreciate a cover, as well as easily accessible clothes.  Yes, a cover screams nursing mom -- more so than simply being discreet. But if I want to promote breastfeeding, than it may as well scream it.  Plus, I don't have to be exposed.  I have a really fast flow, so my babes pull of a lot.  I find a strap around my neck with a rigid section in it allow better airflow and a view of my baby.  
I'm getting pretty fed up with my vacuum.  It's a Dyson DC17 animal bought in early 2008.  I've never liked it much.  I think I have pretty high expectations from something so expensive and that everyone else talked up so much.  The biggest problem is that it's pulled up my carpet (several spots in several houses).  If it ruins your carpet, it doesn't much matter if it's clean or not.  Other than that we've had a lot of maintenance issues, and I feel like even with the...
We first noticed them about a month ago.  I think they were already pretty bad.  Put Frontline on the cats right away, more laundry and more vacuuming.  It seemed a little better for about a week, but it wasn't long before it was obvious that it wasn't going away (or even getting better).  Last week we fogged the whole house, bathed the cats with flea shampoo, and got Vectra from the vet.  I did lots of laundry and vacuuming.  The cats are still scratching, I still see...
I cut to shape.  Maybe 1/4"?  They're all packed up with the Christmas stuff; I don't really remember.  I went through and cut the inside holes of some of them with an x-acto knife as well.  They looked nice.  This was seriously the sturdiest lamination I've ever seen, nothing like the stuff from school.
Thanks for the tips!
1-2 was by far the hardest for us, and she was my easiest baby.  DD1 was still fairly high needs at 2.5, and I wasn't able to give her as much as I wanted while wearing a baby (because she wasn't THAT easy of a baby).  That was really hard for me.  Time with my first went from ordinary all the time to a really big deal.  And with 2 waking me up all night, I was exhausted.   0-1 is a bigger life change, but with just one, you can lie around in pj's all day and just take...
I got a k'tan for the little stages.  It's kind of like the moby, but no wrapping.  I'm liking it a lot, though it's not as easy on my back as I thought it might be.  It is very quick and poppable.   I love my ergo.  I started my 2nd in it around maybe 4 months.   I definitely feel it's still too big for my 10+lb  6week old.  Looking forward to getting her in there, but still expecting to use the k'tan through the winter to get her in and out of the car because I can...
Could you take a walk close to home and bring the stroller inside while baby is sleeping?    Any chance he would lay quietly and eventually go to sleep on his own?  Mine just started this, and it shocked me.  I started laying her down in the mornings in a pack n play in the kitchen so I could more easily get my older ones breakfast and give my back a break from wearing her all day.  What do you know, she'll usually fall asleep if I just replace a paci a couple of times. ...
Hey, I'm from Columbus too!   The midwives are awesome!!!  I moved from WCH to Carepoint to stick with them.  Becky delivered my baby a couple of weeks ago.   I had no interventions at all and pushed in many different positions.  They're the only practice in the area offering waterbirth.   As far as delivering in a hospital....  It's not home.   BUT these midwives will take great care of you through labor and delivery.  They come as soon as you're admitted and stay the...