or Connect

Posts by llwr

Could you take a walk close to home and bring the stroller inside while baby is sleeping?    Any chance he would lay quietly and eventually go to sleep on his own?  Mine just started this, and it shocked me.  I started laying her down in the mornings in a pack n play in the kitchen so I could more easily get my older ones breakfast and give my back a break from wearing her all day.  What do you know, she'll usually fall asleep if I just replace a paci a couple of times. ...
Hey, I'm from Columbus too!   The midwives are awesome!!!  I moved from WCH to Carepoint to stick with them.  Becky delivered my baby a couple of weeks ago.   I had no interventions at all and pushed in many different positions.  They're the only practice in the area offering waterbirth.   As far as delivering in a hospital....  It's not home.   BUT these midwives will take great care of you through labor and delivery.  They come as soon as you're admitted and stay the...
I did PUPD with my first.  Personally, I think it's about the hardest thing there is.  Just holding is much easier than all that up and down.  I guess it helped, but it certainly wasn't miraculous for us.  I'm not sure if it's worth it or not.  I like that it tried to be kind and respectful by picking up baby when he/she needed it, while giving them a chance to settle in bed, but I'm not sure those ideas really come across in actual process.  You might just be confusing...
I ended up getting them laminated and was really happy with the results.  I took them to staples.  Their lamination material was a whole lot thicker than I expected and I think something like 10 snowflakes fit on a big sheet for close to $5.  Cutting them out was a bit of a pain, but that will need to be done with pretty much any method.
I second the recommendation for the new midwife practice at CarePoint Gahanna.  They're great. 
Thanks all,   The list from Kathryn Kvols' website really speaks to me.  It's what I aim for.  I'm actually kind of embarrassed to say it's what I try to do, because I've obviously been really ineffective at it.    I try to avoid external rewards and punishments, although I know DD1 would prefer the rewards.  I have used it rarely, and when DH is involved, it's what comes naturally to him.  DD1 gets lots of that type of thing at school, so it is something she's...
DDs are 6 and 3.  We've been having big problems with picking up.  When I say it's time for clean-up, I get screams, whining, excuses, lying on the floor, fighting with each other....I totally get that it isn't a fun thing to do, and that this age they will still need some help.  However, I'm having trouble getting past that reaction to be playful and creative and make it work.    I'd like them to grudgingly get started, politely ask for specific help, complete...
saving for later   We need to find a good one.
I'm 32 weeks with my 3rd, who is breech.  I've been working on the breech exercises from spinning babies, and just wondering if I'm doing them right.   The breech tilt -- I'm using a board leaned against the bed.  It is really hard to get up there.  I usually sit right in front of it, then lean back and scoot up it.  I'm using pillows at the bottom of the board for stability, but I keep wanting to slide down.  Not that it could ever be exactly relaxing, but I think...
With my first 2, I started part-time ECing around 7 mos -- when they were strong sitters.  We were never diaper free, but we did get quite a few catches.  Overall a positive experience.    I find the idea of ECing a baby who can't hold up their head a bit overwhelming.  At the same time, they're usually pretty obvious about going, so it seems like an easy time to catch rather than leave it in a diaper.  Because of catching so many poops with babies, I find it very...