or Connect

Posts by llwr

I didn't read all the replies.   I really like prefolds with a snappi and proraps (for the gussets).  I have less blowouts with that than with a disposable.  And no problems with wet leaks until they get REALLY wet  -- like overnight  or the cover wasn't properly covering the diaper.  I'm not sure I'm brave enough to try wool on a newborn where it would get pooped on a lot.  If you really want wool, would an already felted cover made from a recycled sweater be easier...
I'm almost 32 weeks and baby has been in the same breech position for at least a month.  So I'm starting to look for a chiro who does Webster, preferably closer to the SE part of Columbus.  Anybody know someone with a good record of helping babies to turn?
The new midwife practice at Carepoint Gahanna does VBACs, I think.  I know Becky and Cassandra did at their previous location.  They deliver at OSU now.  I don't know a lot about the drs that back them up, as they've only been there since April, but the midwives are pretty crunchy.  I've seen them recommended here quite a bit, and I personally, think they're great.
My DD1's name was about 25 on the list when she was born.  I've been disappointed that they seem to be EVERYWHERE!  It's still not in the top 10. But I hear it all the time and hardly ever my other's who's about #14 and rising.  She's had the same name in her class, and whenever we go to a store or public place, I seem to hear someone being called that.  However, I do still like the name.  And while I didn't want her to need the last initial after it, I do feel like it...
OP, I feel the same way, and I have to say I think these threads often get kind of nasty.   This is still something that I struggle with.  I don't know how old your kids are, but I think it gets easier as they get older.   Not because those things don't matter; I believe they do.  But because it's easier to see other ways of love with older kids and because it's not such a big part of your life anymore.  When I was nursing my 2yo around very young babies who were...
I have plans to make a belly bowl.  I have some ceramic experience, and I've found some places that can fire it for me, but I'm feeling kind of lost about buying supplies.    I've worked with clay, but never actually bought it before.  Is there a certain type of clay I should look for or avoid?  Same thing with glazes.  Are there compatibility issues?   Between the clay and the glaze and the kiln?  I'd love to hear anything you can tell me!
I'm working on this right now.    What I did was iron and starch the clothes and then sew them onto base blocks of muslin.  Each block is kind of a crazy-quilt style.  I'm almost finished with the top; I haven't started the actual quilting yet.   I also had someone reccommend a sort of interfacing or stabilizer.  Unfortunately I CANNOT find that post.  Knits can be tricky because they stretch.  And a lot of baby clothes are knits.  So if you can back it with...
Mine were barely "on track" to start with, but their sleep really leveled off sometime around a year, after they had completed the 2-1 nap switch (some babies keep the 2nd nap much longer) and were talking and walking.  I have no idea what to say about the sleep walking.  If they're trying to master a skill practicing a lot in the day can help, but that sounds a little different.   deailedlace, 4 months is the worst regression there is!  IMO, when you pass this, the...
I think a lot of guys are solution oriented.  So if everyone else's babies were CIO and everyone else's babies sleep, than that must be the solution.  I know my DH is great about going along with all my crunchy ideas, but it was about 18 mos before he actually understood why I refused to CIO.  I don't even remember what it was that I said, though I do remember thinking I'd said just about the same thing 50 times before!   He still says that he's only met one other person...
9 mos is a typical age for a regression.  Getting ready for talking, walking, and the 2-1 nap switch put both my kids way off at this age.