or Connect

Posts by llwr

I had my first baby on tricare at an air force base.   My initial "appointment" was a group format pregnancy information and filling out paperwork sort of session.  Perhaps it could be something like that?  The first "real" appt was at 10-12 weeks.   I don't have any experience using a civilian provider instead, but I do think it would be worth it!  I was in TX, it might be completely different for you.  But the OB and L&D staff were completely different.  Not...
Currently, we own 2 EFTAs, with expiry dates of 12/13 and 12/15.  DD1 is about 42 lbs, 45 in.  She's been spot-on 50th percentile for 3 yrs running.  DD2 is about 30 lb, 37 in, also close to 50th percentile.    At birth they were both a bit under 6.5 lbs, and a bit over 19 in, and closer to the 25th percentile for the first year or two.
I'm thinking forward, trying to find the best seats that will both fit 3 across and serve us as long as possible.    We have an 05 Corolla.  My kids will be weeks away from 6.5,  and close to 4 when the new baby comes in August.    I've been thinking about a narrow high back booster (turbobooster?), FF radian, and either a RF radian or coccoro for the baby.   The radian seems like an economical choice for the baby, being that it will last nearly forever,...
I've been looking into the radian for a newborn as well.    A couple of things I've come across:  Maybe someone could confirm these? 1.  I seem to be finding that the r100 doesn't come with the infant insert.  Is this true?  And sunshine kids used to sell it separately as Comfy Soft, but it seems as though it's harder to find since they switched to Diono.  My kids are little, so I was hoping to save some money since I really don't need a higher weight limit. 2. ...
I do tomatoes when I have lots in my garden.  Sometimes herbs.  As a kid, we had lots of dried apples which are really yummy.    I generally only dry if that's how I want to use it.  I really like the taste of dried tomatoes.  I would use dried fruit for oatmeal, granolas, snacks.  But generally, if I have excess fruits and veggies, I put them in the freezer for smoothies and soups.   As PP said, an oven can be used as well.   I have a cheap ($30)...
I'm 5'2 and love my ergo.  Haven't tried the others.
I like the idea of the K'tan.  I know a lot of people like the Moby, but I've always been intimidated by all the wrapping.    The becos are more than I want to spend for my last baby, but they sure are beautiful.    Anybody have experience with a ring sling or hotsling-type and infants?   I know they're supposed to be ok for newborns, but I'm wondering if head support might be harder to get correctly than the k'tan.
There's been a couple threads for 3 in an 05 corolla in the past couple of months.    I know one person was planning a high back booster, FF Radian, and Cocorro.   I think her older kids were something like 6 or 7 and 4.   You could ask to take the display models to your car to see if they fit.
I was extremely shy as a child, an old-enough child that it was perceived as rude.  I would whisper in school, and barely communicate with the extended relatives that I saw twice a year.  Adults don't like that.  I got in trouble in grade school for being too quiet.  Even in college, I realized that teachers perceived me differently.  I was fairly comfortable with myself by then, but I was happy just to listen.  Turns out they were surprised when I turned in good...
I'm looking for something suitable for newborns and also quick and easy to get in and out.  Baby is due early August, so something cooler is also a plus.  My DDs will be 6 and close to 4 when the baby comes.   We're going to be doing 3 in the backseat  for a while (though DD1 will be at school by late Aug, and I shouldn't need to take them all out at once by myself for a while).  We're considering a convertible seat rather than a bucket for the baby.  If we go with that,...