or Connect

Posts by mormontreehugger

I just want to say that I asked this group because I value their opinions and judgement.  I also value their own efforts to research this issue.  This is not my only source of information, and it adds a valid element to any equation.   Thanks for the replies so far.  I do agree that pretty much any poverty issue is a political one, no matter what country you inhabit.  That said, vaccines are still easier to distribute than political change.  Also, without a long term...
I'm an anthropology major.  When I had my son 2.5 years ago, I opted not to have him vaccinated.  I wouldn't change that decision--we live in a sanitary home, he's still nursing occasionally, and doesn't go to an overcrowded daycare.  He also has access to nutritious foods (getting him to EAT them..well... we're working on that...)   However, I recently had a conversation with my environmental anthropology professor that has brought some unsettled doubts to the...
Thank you guys so much!  I linked her the congressional interview thing, and it convinced both her and her husband. :)
My sister is due in December, and while I haven't convinced her that all vaccines are the devil, and I'm not pushing it, I AM trying to convince her to skip the hep b one.  I need some good information on the dangers that doesn't come from someone like Dr. Tenpenny.  No offense to her, but I'd rather go with something more mainstream, like the CDC.  I know stuff is there, but I'm not quite sure how to put it together.   If anyone has something ready-made, could you...
So I've been worried about my lady parts for awhile now... For a few months after I gave birth to DS, I felt heaviness in my vagina a lot--especially after intercourse.  I don't feel that anymore unless I've been constipated.  I don't do kegels usually because I don't really believe in them, though I've been doing them the past couple days in a panic because I finally took a mirror to the undercarriage.  There's something soft hanging out of my vagina--doesn't protrude...
Yeah I need to get that application done.  Where can I find a free clinic for him, just in case?
DH and I just moved here from the central coast of California.  So yeah, we're baking a little bit.  But my primary concern is finding decent dental care. Has anyone ever gone to the A.T. Still University Dental Clinic?  It's supposed to be cheaper but they don't mention any specific cost on their site.  I really really need to know how much they charge because we have no insurance currently, and no employment.  We're both about to go to ASU and be starving college...
I do like Anne Perry and Orson Scott Card.  Thanks for all the other suggestions, I'll look into those authors as well. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who cares :)
I've been searching online for a good dentist because i'm a little worried about some shadowy spots on DS's molar (18 mos).  He's never been to a dentist, and we haven't been to a doctor since he was around 9 months old.  He has all of his teeth besides his two year molars and I want to get them checked out. All the dentists I've looked at except for one mention on their website how breastmilk can cause cavities. :(  Aren't there any out there that know what breastmilk...
DS (18 mos) has been going to bed around 7:15 and doesn't fight it (much) anymore because we finally figured out his real bed time--we had been putting him to bed around 8:30.  But then he either gets up to nurse every 3-4 hours, finishing with a wake-up around 4am at which point he doesn't want to go back to sleep.  He fusses until around 6ish, then will fall back asleep until 8 IF we put him in his carseat and drive him around.  Then he'll take a half hour nap around...