or Connect

Posts by mormontreehugger

Oh mama, I hear you there. Have you read The No Cry Sleep Solution? Pretty much saved us over here. I've found that to get my baby to sleep (11 mos. old) nowadays, I have to Wear. Him. Out. Splashing in the tub, crawling around like a maniac with lots of interaction with people, walking with me outside; all works to get him good and tired. I know I've succeeded when he starts falling asleep during a diaper change. I used to be able to nurse him down and he'd stay...
Just an update on my awesome and strong sister (from a message she sent the family): "A and I are staying with friends. Currently J is apologizing, promising to be the perfect husband, and begging for another chance. I'm not giving him one. The papers were filed today, and he will probably be served sometime this week. If I don't answer my phone it is because I am either completely drained, or I have A and can't talk. " I haven't called her because I don't...
So I guess I was too optimistic, too soon. He called her this morning telling her he had prayed all night and was a changed man and that he knew they all three were supposed to stay together. She hesitated for oh... about 5 seconds. She has not made any move to go back to him. But now we know what to expect a little bit more.
A ten minute car ride will usually put DS out like a light when he gets hyperactive like that when he's exhausted. I've also done nursing (of course) and rocking and singing in a dark room. I've done walks with the stroller a few times, but I'm usually too tired myself to do that. So yeah. The car is magical.
Yeah, we'll all be watching carefully. She DID do it quickly. She's never had the victim mentality really. As in, she consciously chose to put up with a lot (way more than I ever would) because she wanted to help him while he was trying so hard to get better. She drew her lines and made her boundaries (again, not where I would put them, and I think she regrets it now) and as soon as he crossed one, she made her decision that it was over. She's extremely stubborn...
Well, she's out. She got everything, including her son, and left. She left a note for her husband. He called her in tears and said he knew why she was doing it, that he had a problem and he needed to work on it. He only asked that he be allowed to visit his son. I'm cautiously optimistic, because he seems pretty sincere. I hope his father doesn't interfere--that could be really really bad. Anyone know the chances of him going back on this?
Sooo... my sister no longer feels safe. She pushed some of her husband's buttons the other day to see if his pleasant behavior was just an act, and he became incredibly angry with her. So now, on the advice of her lawyer, she's planning to leave and go into hiding in the very near future--before he's served--because she's terrified that he'll finally start with the physical abuse. She'll probably go to stay with a friend within the 50 miles she has to honor for...
MamaJen--Thanks for the list of resources! I forwarded them to my sister. She's currently getting money sent to her from various family members and planning her strategy. She'll tell him with lots of people around and her son will be somewhere else. One of her worries is that his father will do everything he can and fund her STBX in a custody battle. (UAV UAV UAV UAV UAV) She's getting a private investigator to get proof of the affair and will proceed once she has...
Yeah, it's been 8 years of ups and downs, really. To be fair, he really did put a LOT of effort into treatment and did really well for a long time.He just... stopped. As soon as he's off his meds, he turns into a UAV. And she recognized that as her cue to leave. I don't think she'll be going back to him. She's pretty stubborn on her own. Also, this was the last straw in a long series of things that were making their relationship very unhappy. I hope very much that...
Yeah we talked for a looong time this morning while she was at work. I was just babbling away about stuff after she finished telling me everything and she only half paid attention, but she said it really helped to just hear me puttering around. She hadn't eaten or slept in two days so I made her eat, too. I think I may finally use all my rollover minutes lol.