or Connect

Posts by mormontreehugger

Thanks for the perspective!! I'll pass on some advice to let her MIL spend a lot of time with him while she deals with things. I wish SO much I could help her, but I'm in California and she's in Florida.. I'm going to TRY to visit her as soon as possible but I'm dealing with my own financial uncertainties right now.
My sister has been married for 8 years (today is her anniversary) to a guy with BPD. She stuck around patiently because they have a kid and he was really trying hard to overcome his problems. However. In the past few months he's gone off his medication (wants to be a Navy SEAL), and a few days ago she found out he was having an affair with someone at work. They've been going through counseling, but he no longer cares about anything and she's done. She's going about...
Seems like a good resource. I'm about to add mine (Monterey, CA area) http://www.cafemom.com/group/4388/fo...l_id=388245970 Mine is Dr. Hulstedt, and he's not only awesome, but accepts TriCare!
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try them. I've been struggling with the idea of getting rid of the cats. It's really hard because before I was able to have a baby, they WERE my babies. Both DH and I really love them. Of course, our son is more important, so maybe we should talk about it...
Thanks for all the replies! We both just got super sick and had to put any kind of weaning ideas on hold. But after last night I'm looking into it again. He didn't even go to bed until midnight (my fault, I missed the 'sleepy window') and was up like clockwork, every two hours. However, I noticed this morning that he had a diaper rash developing so I think I really need to look into the EC/diaper side of things and see what I can do about that. I'll still be getting...
My house has been taken over. I'm not a super messy person, and we're not hoarders or anything, but our indoor/outdoor cats went too long without flea control and we've got a 9.5 month old who brings crumbs with him everywhere. I'm working on deep cleaning the house and trying to get the food residue out of cracks and crannies, and the cats have been treated. BUT. The whole upstairs has fleas and I want to fog up there. I really hate the idea of using poisons that...
Aikigypsy--I don't want to make him full nightwean quite yet, it's just that one stretch of time I need. I'm hoping if I nurse on demand before and after he'll get used to getting his nursing done then.. Maybe I'm too optimistic.. I really should sleep when he does, and I've sorta been doing that. I just crave that solitude at night, ya know? So it's partly my fault. His diaper shouldn't bug him because it's the MotherEase dry weave kind and his skin is usually...
So I know a lot of moms disagree with nightweaning this soon, (DS is 9.5 mos old) but it needs to be done. I have had one full nights sleep (six hours straight) since January and it is really hurting our relationship. Getting up 5 times a night to nurse him, even co-sleeping, is too much for me. Maybe I'm just weak or something but I'm starting to get really angry in the middle of the night because I can't just wake up, pop the boob in, and fall back asleep. I have to be...
So I'm trying to find diapers to use when we go on long trips so I'm not washing diapers at someone else's house every day for two weeks. I looked into Gdiapers, but it seems that they may be more trouble than they're worth in regards to flushing the liners. So is it still better to get a specific disposable liner that's more earth friendly just to throw out? We will need some kind of disposable diaper for the 12 hour car ride for sure. I don't want to end a hugely...