or Connect

Posts by mormontreehugger

I guess my basic goal is to cut out one or two feedings and get him to sleep through that time... Lol maybe that's too ambitious for this time in his life... I'd be willing to lie down and let him play in his playpen until he falls asleep but he's more the type to freak out and cry until he gets nursed to sleep. I do get some sleep because my sister is staying with me right now and I can occasionally catch a nap here and there. I worry a little bit about when she...
I actually had amazing success with that book. Until we hit our 9 month sleep regression...two months early.. But the book is priceless I think. We went from crazy schedules to a kid who would nap and go to bed at night with very little trouble. (until now, of course...lol)
Have you read the No Cry Sleep Solution? I'm struggling a bit with a schedule myself, and I need to reread it. It has some good advice, even if you're not looking to nightwean. One thing it does say is that the natural rhythm of a baby's sleep may not be too convenient for you--as in, he may need to go to bed at 7 or 8 because it's just nature putting him to bed... I would recommend a couple days where you're not pressured for work that you can set aside to really...
Yeah that to Danou.. Also, is it possible that that poor mama's baby died from other causes? Like an unknown medical defect or something? If you're co-sleeping safely and you've done it with three other babies already, it seems to me that your baby won't just randomly suffocate for no reason. I could be totally wrong, but I found that with my baby, there's just no way he could suffocate without me waking up to his struggles. Even when he was a tiny newborn, (and I...
Yeah, I agree that he's really too little to nightwean completely... Maybe I'll start trying gripe water at night and stopping the solids a couple hours before bedtime. I guess I had the idea that if I fed him a whole bunch right before bed he'd drop off in a post-Thanksgiving-dinner type of food coma
I don't mind a couple nighttime feedings, I truly don't. I can nurse lying down, and fall asleep fairly quickly after a feeding. DS is 7 mos. old and teething like a madman (we are trying camilia for the teething right now, but it doesn't seem to be helping much. same for his amber necklace..), so I know he needs the comfort. BUT. He's been getting up every 2 hours and sometimes every hour to nurse and it seems like nothing else is going to help him feel better. I'm...
Thanks for all the responses! I've emailed my sister the link to this thread so she can read through everything. If anyone has anything different, please continue to reply. I love picking your brains!
Could I pollinate with a feather or something? Also, would I be able to find good soil at Target or Walmart or do I need to look somewhere else? Should I look for anything specific like organic or untreated or something like that?
My sister has been using garlic as a suppository for a couple days and been eating some yogurt and her results are less than satisfactory. Usually she uses monistat but it has been drying her out so much that she was bleeding from irritation so she asked me for some 'witch doctor' treatments to try. So far she says it isn't getting any better but it isn't getting any worse. Any more ideas for her to try? Or reasons that it's not working maybe? She wants to eat...
I just picked up some cheap pots and things at Target, and now I want to plant some herbs and veggies (and maybe that blueberry bush they're selling at Whole Foods!) in my sunroom. The temperature is around 50-55 degrees at night and 65-70 degrees during sunny days right now. I live on the central coast of California.. not sure what zone that is... My first questions is, how can I make sure my potting soil is organic? Do I need to find it somewhere special? I'd...