or Connect

Posts by mormontreehugger

I've been wanting children somewhat close together too...
So I want to start teaching my 5 m/o something specific to say when he wants to nurse once he starts talking. I promise to be anatomically correct if he asks me, but while we're in public I'd prefer him to ask for milk or something rather than "boobies" per se... Which unfortunately is what we've been saying because for some reason it makes him giggle hysterically. I'm terrified it's going to be his first word if we can't get a grip on ourselves. So what are some...
Thanks so so much everyone for the tips. Addy's Mom, I found that the description of the occipital neuralgia was spot on for me. I fixed it by going to a chiropractor today who also does acupuncture, then getting an hour long massage. I feel sooo much better. The ice pack was also the only thing that helped at all before I went there. So thanks everyone and I hope if anyone else goes through this that they'll know what to do! Now I just have to destress so my...
Thanks Addy's Mom, the hot shower this morning did help for a bit. I'm trying to find a chiropractor and/or acupuncurist that can fit me in today. The hcp I went to yesterday did take some blood so I'll call her and ask if she found anything there. If there was something wrong with my thyroid, how would that affect breastfeeding? My 5 m/o is EBF.
Since yesterday afternoon, I've had this horrible sharp stabbing pain on the back of my head on the left side. It keeps coming and going like someone is stabbing me about five times a minute. I went to the docter, the ER (CT is clean) and tried three different medications including morphine. Nothing helped. I don't know when I'll be able to see a chiropractor next since I'm out of town. I'm sitting here crying because it hurts so bad and nothing is helping. Does this...
Thanks so much everyone! I'm gonna take some tax return and grab a jumparoo so DS can watch me cook (he can't see anything when he's on my back and he gets very frustrated).
I've heard so many different things about using these things... DS is getting bored with playing on the floor and wants to sit up in the worst way. I can't constantly carry him because he's already 18 pounds at 5 mos and my back just can't handle it right now. I am trying to strengthen my core and everything (with all that free time I have...) but I'm not quite there yet. So I'm looking for developmentally friendly 'baby holders' to switch him out with so he can still...
I've had my true fit RF at a 45 degree angle since DS was born, but lately he's been straining to sit up when I put him in. He can almost sit up by himself and has had excellent head control for awhile. He weighs about 17.5 or 18 pounds (at five months). So can I let him sit up or is he supposed to stay at that angle. I couldn't find anything in the user manual. It's very possible that I missed it though. Anyone?
http://www.nbci.ca/index.php?option=...tion&Itemid=17 Check out that link for what Dr. Newman says. I talked to my LC (IBCLC) and she says you probably need at least a month of the diflucan, but she is also familiar with doctors who hesitate because of possible liver damage. You're supposed to take 400 mg at first and then 200mg per day until you've been pain free for a week. Towards the bottom of that link is Dr. Newman agreeing with what my LC says. Let me know...
http://www.target.com/b/176-9697843-...t_adv_XSGO0174 Anyone use one of these? I want to get one for my 3.5 month old. He's got pretty good head control and I wouldn't be leaving him unsupervised or anything. We tried one at a friend's house while we were eating dinner and he seemed to really like it. My concern is if it's developmentally appropriate. He doesn't even roll over yet--I think he's almost there, he just hasn't thought of it yet. So maybe it would be...