or Connect

Posts by mormontreehugger

A smart mama asked me last week if we had been checked for thrush and I very quickly replied that we had no issues with yeast. I just learned, however, that there aren't always visible symptoms. I compared my invisible symptoms to symptoms of a yeast infection and I'm convinced I've got it. So far the pain is all mine, and DS isn't suffering, so I'm trying to treat it and get rid of it as fast as possible. So far I'm trying to do the following: -cut out refined...
Thanks! I'll check that out.
please delete
please delete
Thanks so much for all the replies! I actually am feeling a bit more hopeful now, even though I got hit with mastitis AGAIN last night... My issue has always been one of oversupply... I haven't actually been to an LLL meeting yet, they're only once a month and I keep forgetting to go! My LC is an IBCLC though and very good and I do see her quite regularly since I work some hours at her nursing mothers boutique and she's the president of our MOMs club. So hopefully...
1. No thrush--thank goodness! 2. I never really considered nipple confusion because I spent the first 3 weeks or so of his life doing mostly breastfeeding... I thought he was too old for that because he's 10 weeks old already. He's big and strong and has really good head control for his age. I'll try anything though...I just have to gather up my courage to go through that pain. You really think he'll get better?
I know I should be grateful that my supply is good and that we're both healthy and strong and bla bla bla. And I am, I really am. But why can't we just nurse like normal people? Why won't he latch right? I can't do regular nursing for more than a day because the blisters will get out of control. I was nursing for the first month and dreading every time he was hungry. Finally I gave up and started pumping--which didn't empty me out nearly as well and has led to...
Subbing
As far as I know, if you test negative, it means your vagina is clean for the delivery and the chance of your baby contracting it through birth will be the same as if you weren't infected. Really, the odds are already in your favor since only about 1% of them pick up the infection in an infected mother who hasn't been treated at all (someone please correct me if I'm wrong on the stats here). There was a study done by Dr. Michel Odent (someone have a good link for that?)...
Ok, so I'll just keep taking my supplements and start adding a cut garlic glove suppository every night. I have another test next week (which my oh-so-supportive OB assured me would be positive) to see if everything I'm doing works or not. I will also be using the hibiclens before I go in. I'll continue doing everything up until the baby is born just to be safe. To PP: I think the idea of the supplements/vitamins I'm taking now, as well as the garlic I'm taking...