or Connect

Posts by Carolinamidwife

I have a kit with Precious Arrows and I am also a big fan of In His Hands. You can't go wrong with either place. You're welcome to look at my kit at precious arrows, it's under Triangle Birth Services.   Clients are free to remove items from the kit if they already have them at home.
I'd kill for a fenced yard but, unfortunately, that is not in the cards. I was afraid someone would suggest going back to the crate. It will mean buying a new crate. Arg.
I'm not sure what to call this because she is house trained... unless she has to hold it for longer than 3 minutes and then she just lets it fly. She is a Boston terrier mix very heavy on the Boston. She is a year and a half and we have had her for a year. She's, by far, the smartest dog I have ever had. She's well trained in every other way, does tricks, loves the kids, snuggles, etc. She has been seen by the vet and does not have any medical condition that would...
I sent you a PM.
I have a 4 year old toy poodle who has had, that we know of, three seizures spanning 2 years. Two of them were in the last month.   They seem to be related to her sleep, I even thought the first one was some kind of night terror, but now I have seen her go from asleep to seizing.   When I took her to the vet she was skeptical that what I saw was seizure activity. Blood work came back fine. I made a video of the most recent seizure to show to our new...
Honestly, I doubt another dog will help. His anxiety is focused on you, KWIM?   Have you tried any of the techniques to help him unlearn his anxiety?   I feel your pain; I have a dog who suffers anxiety when I go upstairs. For almost all of her life we had another dog and it didn't seem to help her. In my research I have read that another dog is not usually the answer... but maybe your dog is different.
I can give you a few names if you want PM or email me at Carolinamidwife@gmail.com   Congrats!
http://heraldsun.com/bookmark/13228678/article-Licensing+midwives?sms_ss=facebook&at_xt=4dce8471e5960610%2C0   It's an almost entirely positive article, save for a few unfortunate comments at the end.   Cross your fingers everyone; this could be our year!
FTR the case was peer reviewed well before the arrest was made.
We have a 10 year old Great Dane which, for those of you who aren't familiar with the giant breeds, is like having a 90 year old dog. She has never had any health problems.   Yesterday I noticed she was retching unproductively, not bringing anything up but sounding just like she was about to vomit. She was also breathing rapidly and seemed generally unhappy. I was worried she had bloat so I brought her to the vet.   She does not have bloat but her heart rate is...