or Connect

Posts by Joyfulmom4

Does anyone know if I can mount a new "under-cabinet" style CD player/radio beneath the cabinet that is directly above my microwave? Is there any reason not to? Mods, forgive me if this isn't the right place to ask this. I wasn't sure where in the household section or even if I could ask this here. It's a dumb question, but since I don't know the answer, I hoped somebody here could steer me right. It's related to decluttering, so I hope it's OK here. I am...
Anyone? Book ideas even? Reliable seller? Feel free to spam me privately if you can help.
My 13 yo dd wants to try making natural bath and body products and cosmetics at home. I would love to get her a book or two on the subject and possibly some sort of beginner's "kit" or basic ingredients to get her started. I have never done this sort of thing, but I'm generally handy both in the kitchen and with multiple crafts, so I think we could handle it fine. I tried looking around online, but am overwhelmed by the volume of stuff available and don't really...
Thanks everyone. Lots of great advice and ideas here. Some of the stuff we're doing already, some isn't an option, but I'd like to explore more of the suggestions given, esp about saving on the smaller things. I know the big stuff is where you save the most, but we're doing most of what we can there already. (No car payments, bundled DSL/cable/internet, minimal eating out, choosing less costly/free entertainment, etc). So, it's time to look at those "smaller"...
************************************************** *********************** What changes have you made that resulted in the greatest amount of savings for the time and/or effort you put in? ************************************************** ***** Hi all. I am newly attempting to reform my ways and become *much* more frugal. I need some suggestions for where to start. I am very much strapped for *time* as well as money, so I'm hoping folks might share their...
Help me talk to boss -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi. I am jumping in here. I haven't introduced myself yet, but have checked out this tribe a few times. I'm not real active on the boards so my apologies for just barging in and begging for help, but I really need some advice. Unfortunately, I need it very quickly, so I don't know if anyone will read this soon enough to help. But here goes... I need help...
THanks Jessjgh1. I will go check out the new thread. Should I copy my post there? Guess I will. And yes, my supervisor does know about the add. I have talked about it at work before when I have talked about some of these recurring issues. We are always rotating the staff we work with and so I never have the same assistant every day and that makes it all even harder. Some assistants are really good with me, they know how to keep me on track and are comfortable...
Thanks everyone. I appreciate the feedback and ideas. I do feel very, very blessed to have family around to help. And so willing to help with our weird hours and ever-changing schedules. It would be extremely difficult to find outside childcare to provide for the kids from 7am through around 9pm, particularly when the days we need help change every week. We'd probably be paying a fortune and "wasting" most of the money just to "reserve" spots at daycares since they...
Hi. I am jumping in here. I haven't introduced myself yet, but have checked out this tribe a few times. I'm not real active on the boards so my apologies for just barging in and begging for help, but I really need some advice. Unfortunately, I need it very quickly, so I don't know if anyone will read this soon enough to help. But here goes... I need help talking with my supervisior and administrator about my ADD and my job performance. Background. I work...
Bumping. Nobody else's kids get sick?