or Connect

Posts by jtrt

I have finally scheduled an appointment with a therapist to address my symptoms of PPD/PTSD after the traumatic birth of my baby in December. We transported to the hospital at 7cm when she was in an undeliverable face presentation. Had a c/s which was not the end of my world. THEN, I developed a broad ligament hematoma in recovery and went undiagnosed for 5+ hours because it was Christmas Eve and the OB had gone home! I bled internally from 11am to 5pm when they finally...
Laura, I am so deeply sorry for your loss of your son. My heart aches for you, your husband and Henry. Sending you love and my wishes for peace and comfort as you grieve your sweet boy.
Thank you, mommas, for your thoughtful replies. I did read the entire thread referenced above and experienced a wide range of emotions while reading it. Thank you, justKate, for directing me to it. There is nothing new under the sun... I honestly think you nailed it, scottishmommy. The really vehement opposition to my birth story comes from people who believe they can control *every* birthing situation with whatever tactic they personally like. Whether that is Bradley,...
Our 4th baby was born via c/s on Christmas Eve after we transferred to the hospital at 7cm in labor for undeliverable face presentation. Our baby was breech throughout my pregnancy and we used chiropractic, acupuncture, moxibustion, homeopathy, pelvic tilts, slant board, you name it, to turn her. She did turn finally but was in a face presentation and would not descend. On the car ride to the hospital, she flipped back into her preferred breech presentation. My...
Thanks for starting this thread, Mary! My sweet Edelweiss is 4 months old! That seems crazy! She is a lovely girl and only cries if dh surprises her. She really warms to him over weekends but then by Tuesday evening, he is a big scary stranger again. He's only gone 10 hours a day and she sleeps right next to him! I don't get it... I hope all the sick little ones improve quickly! Thus far, we have avoided everything. *fingers crossed* Amy
January Mamas... I am so thankful to each of you. I wonder if any of you will ever know how much I treasured your company and reassurance all those long months. I rejoiced with you, cried with you, celebrated your little victories and hoped with my whole heart for rainbow babies for you. Thank you, January Mamas. You made my pregnancy bearable. You let me truly know that I was not alone. Or crazy. My joy was doubled and my troubles halved by sharing with you all. I...
My truth is I want one more baby but I don't want to endure the anxiety and pain of another pregnancy. My dh wants to have a vasectomy. I am not ready for that. I guess what I would really like is to get pregnant on accident and not know until 37 weeks. My midwife already said she would VBAC me....See? Its the perfect plan!
Mine was way off with my baby born Christmas Eve! Estimated at 9lb 11oz December 18. She weighed 8 lbs even on the 24th.
The OB was at home. It was Christmas Eve. I'm sure the hospital was operating with minimal staff. I spoke with the Women's Services department head yesterday and requested an investigation. She will review my chart and speak with the nurses. The doctor is not under her so that will have to be addressed a different way. The failure to provide appropriate care is what I cannot forgive. He should have come running, as pp said. When I continued to decline and the doctor...
At 5 weeks, I could go for short trips out of the house. I went for a 30 minute walk with baby in a Moby at 9 weeks and didn't do it again until she was 3 months old. I won't say it was physically impossible for me to be more active, it just wasn't worth the pain and fatigue to me. She is now 3 months and 2 weeks and I feel like myself. I have started training for a 5k in June and feel good most of the time. I still can't lift both of my legs at the same time but I...